Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
air bags = no performance quality, used mainly for show cars

coilovers = ultimate performance suspension components

So are you looking to dump your car and not really make the best of your suspension? If so, then I guess air bags........

If you want to have the ability to adjust your ride height to whatever you want, and maintain performance quality then I suggest coilovers.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
rony said:
i really want coil overs, but i don't want to have to drive on grass to avoid speed bumps :)
its takes a while to raise your car up with air bags anyways :) its not like hydrolics where you can pop your car up in a sec :)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
LAblue said:

its takes a while to raise your car up with air bags anyways :) its not like hydrolics where you can pop your car up in a sec :)
Actually you can...Around here, there are cars that pop up fast and some are just slow..It all depends on how much air presure you have going to each bag and you whole set up

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
i dont know...i think air bags are kinda cheesy...remind me of those ugly cadillacs with hydraulics...the ones in rap videos...haha give your prelude something it deserves....a nice suspension package...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Basically the air bags are for show. I have a few friends with air bags and they are pretty phat but if you want performance go with the coil overs because they will help your suspension alot. If you juist want to be a show car go with the air bags.

·
Registered
182 Posts
air bags dont make u bounce unless u want them 2...thats why alot of freights have air suspension..so its a smoother ride...if i were u man i would get some cylinders..LJ is commin out with a signature kit from EAI..pretty dope

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
i think airbags are pretty sweet, but they have their place, and that place is not on a prelude.

please dont put airbags on a prelude...the handling will be the same, if not worse.

for the same price you could definitely get a set of Tein HAs, the ultimate coilover setup.

·
Registered
201 Posts
CIVICsTyLin said:
air bags dont make u bounce unless u want them 2...thats why alot of freights have air suspension..so its a smoother ride...if i were u man i would get some cylinders..LJ is commin out with a signature kit from EAI..pretty dope

One word...EXPENSIVE!!!!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Weenie said:

for the same price you could definitely get a set of Tein HAs, the ultimate coilover setup.

i had a dream about having this set up just the other night....i took a 90 degree turn going 130 and i was fine...wow wonder if that's true...haha

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
LAblue said:

and coilover dont bounce? :)
my skunk2's never bounced....I don't like them cause of the free play they have.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.