Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey dudes...how often are u supposed to replace ur air filter
...i forgot when i last changed mine...its starting to turn from white to a grey color now...i just dont remember when i did it...i think last october...cause i changed my oil 2 times since then (haha amazed...thats what my car said...but now i do it every 5000).
any way im planning on getting a drop in k & N filter also...just for the gas milage boost...do you guys think it worth it? or should i just stick with fram? im a very cheap person but love quality...im thinking of buying a filter and swapping a fram air filter with the K & N filter...so i can buy a k & n filter for 5 bucks !!! haha. what you guys think?

·
Registered
231 Posts
go for it! i just got a K&N filter and its soo worth the $$

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did u notice a differnce..what gen is ur accord??

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
recommended 30k miles for air filter replacement. with intake upgrade for honda cars the gain is hadly noticeable. can you honestly say that you can feel a 2hp gain at the top end?!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
By itself the filter is nothing. Add headers, exhaust and ignition coil. Then you will understand the true potential of VTEC.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i understand what u guys are saying..im not a big fan of intakes and stuff...all i am concerned about is the gas milage...i just want a small amount better than what i have...amazingly i hit 325 miles on my tank and it didnt hit reserve..i was soo amazed...usually i would get like 280 max...

30k hu...ok i like that number...i think im around the 26k area...when i do my oil again i must change the filter...i give it 3 months more...

·
Registered
231 Posts
its a 5th gen (95) u feel gains if ur old air filter ws dirty...its pretty much the same...feel a little gain...u cant really feel a gain of 2 to 3 hp...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts