Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a autometer air/fuel gauge and I wired it to the white wire on the o2 sensor 93 civic obd1.When i turn the key the gauge light turns on and slowly goes all the way rich and then when I turn on the engine it stays rich for two seconds then jumps all the way lean and dissapeers?!?!? any ideas?

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
93FFciviclx said:
any ideas?
yes. take it out of your car, put it back in the box, return it, get your money back and spend it on something more usefull.

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
yes. take it out of your car, put it back in the box, return it, get your money back and spend it on something more usefull.
thats probaly the best advice you gonna get but if you feel you don't want that advice then,
1. you wired it wrong
2. bad O2 sensor
3. your engine is just running too lean

probaly one of the 3

·
Registered
714 Posts
From what you described its working fine. The stock Narrowband O2 sensor only reads a narrow "band" of the exhaust oxygen, hence the name. It is really only meant to tell the ecu when it is running stoich or around 14.7afr. Anything above or below that the stock o2 sensor will just go all the way rich or lean, it will not tell you inbetween and is useless for tuning. Its more of a "Show" piece than anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.