Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanted to know what psi is supposed to run on non stock tires - NOT THE MAX PRESSURE as specified on tires themselves...

for example, i run kuhmo 712's on 16" rims...
what are we supposed to run, when stock is supposed to be about 31, 32 psi with 14" tires?

i know i'm not the only one who has wondered about this.

any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
same pressure as you run on stock tires.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
it should say on the tire sidewall...

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
usually on the sidewall it will say the MAX pressure.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I orginally posted that i do not need to know the max pressure as it says it plainly on the sidewall.

i wanna know based on our vehicles, what we should be running with our aftermarket rubber.

as for what the first person replied, wouldn't stock pressure be too little?

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
why would it be too lil?
do the tires roll a lot when you take turns?
do your rims bend easily when you hit pot holes?
does your car handle weird?

if none of the above occurs then stock pressure is fine.
remember that the 16" tires have a smaller profile than the 14's so the sidewall is somewhat stiffer so you dont have to go crazy with the pressure.
start with the stock recommended pressure and if you want to mess around a bit with air pressure increase the fronts few more psi than the rears in order to get rid of some understeer.
so start by having the fronts at 32 and the rears at 30 and see how you like it. then go 37psi fronts and 32psi rear and see if you notice any difference. you might not unless you push it a lil bit or untill you hit some pot holes :mad

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
theflipimage said:
I orginally posted that i do not need to know the max pressure as it says it plainly on the sidewall.

i wanna know based on our vehicles, what we should be running with our aftermarket rubber.
That is not at all what you asked in your original post. Anyways, try about 5-7psi over stock settings front and rear. I run about 36/34psi front/rear.

as for what the first person replied, wouldn't stock pressure be too little?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I always run my tires 3-4 under the max.

Matt

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i appreciate all your input so far guys... thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I run 34 to 35 PSI in my tires on my 02 Civic. Currently running 215/45R17, upgrading to 225/40R18 soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts