Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I have a 2000 Si and I have a check engine light problem. I am getting the code for the air temp sensor. I took a look at it and the plug that comes off the wire harness is gone. The AEM CAI mod was done by the previous owner and they obviously screwed something up, the entire plug is gone. They rigged up a couple of little clips on the end of the wires and clipped those on the studs inside the actual sensor. I need the plug off a wire harness. I can't find a used harness because the engine is swapped so often into other cars that it is almost impossible to find just the harness. I can by a new harness, but it seems like a waste for a single plug.

Does anyone know of the same type of plug on a different model of Honda. i.e. Civic DX, LX, EX.....prelude, accord. I think the plug would be fairly generic, but I don't know what it looks like. Can anyone help? Any Si folks out there that can give me a number or code off of the plug. The air temp sensor is in the air intake pipe from the air box right before the throttle body.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT.....

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
93civic said:
Hey Everyone,

I have a 2000 Si and I have a check engine light problem. I am getting the code for the air temp sensor. I took a look at it and the plug that comes off the wire harness is gone. The AEM CAI mod was done by the previous owner and they obviously screwed something up, the entire plug is gone. They rigged up a couple of little clips on the end of the wires and clipped those on the studs inside the actual sensor. I need the plug off a wire harness. I can't find a used harness because the engine is swapped so often into other cars that it is almost impossible to find just the harness. I can by a new harness, but it seems like a waste for a single plug.

Does anyone know of the same type of plug on a different model of Honda. i.e. Civic DX, LX, EX.....prelude, accord. I think the plug would be fairly generic, but I don't know what it looks like. Can anyone help? Any Si folks out there that can give me a number or code off of the plug. The air temp sensor is in the air intake pipe from the air box right before the throttle body.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT.....
no need to repost the same thing twice...i saw u the first time already

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.