Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can find an airbox install guide for a 00 Civic dx? I'm replacing the short ram I have because the noise gets on my nerves. So I'm looking for a diagram and maybe a parts list of the hardware that will be necessary.

·
Registered
645 Posts
The airbox is an easy bolt on. The filter box/assembly sits ontop of thethrottle body, make sure the hole is facing the left side, tighten the clamp and tighten the bolt underneath. Next install the resonator just behind your left/passenger side headlight. Tighten the two bolts, then insert the intake tube into the airbox and snap it into the clamps on the resonator box. Hard to explain it more simple than that.... unless someone has a pic of a stock engine bay....

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not an idiot, but I do need to find out what hardware I need, since I don't feel like spending $5 plus tax on bolts and bushings from Honda that could cost me $1 at Home Depot. So let me rephrase, I am looking for the dimensions on the bolts that are attached to the airbox.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.