Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Holidays Everyone. I just got off the Japanese video Hot Version video shoot for American Touge 3 at Horse Thief Mile in Willow Springs. My daily driver/track beater was tested by Keiichi "Drift King" Tsichiya and received high praises from him. So I guess I do know a thing or two about tuning and driving perhaps.

Interestingly, my car received an unofficial score (because I was an exhibition car) of 95 from Tsichiya san. That is 2nd only to Prototype Racing's K20A Eaton M62 supercharged Lotus Elise. It also scored better than the 996 Turbo from JIC. Every single car on the list was super charged. My car has the smallest displacement at 1.6 liter and it is naturally aspirated. I tuned the car to 192 whp (dynojet 248c) on saturday on 91 octane pump gas. Tsuchiya raised his eye brows when I told him, yes you can rev it to 9800 rpm. B16A are torqueless wonders. All the hp comes from the high rpm.

More photos at the gallery: http://www.ejlin.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=hotversion-at3-htm-1206&page=1

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Ok Ive calmed down, hey GhettoRacer, I looked at the willow springs website and I couldent find the info I wanted, how much do you pay to run there? is there a flat fee for weekend/weekday track use, if you have any info I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DriftKingB18 said:
Ok Ive calmed down, hey GhettoRacer, I looked at the willow springs website and I couldent find the info I wanted, how much do you pay to run there? is there a flat fee for weekend/weekday track use, if you have any info I would really appreciate it.
it depends on who's hosting. google redline track events, and speed ventures to start. goto willow springs's calendar, and see who gets which track and when. fee starts at $100 and goes up to $175.... for willow springs.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
GhettoRacer said:
it depends on who's hosting. google redline track events, and speed ventures to start. goto willow springs's calendar, and see who gets which track and when. fee starts at $100 and goes up to $175.... for willow springs.
ok good thats cheaper than I thought, I looked at their calender or schedule and it said that fees start at $1,000 or so, guess I read it wrong, I can definately afford $175 though, thanks ghetto.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
hah, i was in AT2 and i came in second place in my class :)

i still trip out knowing that tsuchiya drove my car

my car was so good, he needed a cigarette after driving it :hehe

autographs are always cool

oh yeah and the money shots

but yeah man...congrats on having him drive your car :tu

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
specs on your spyder? i've track whored a lot of cars, and mr2 spyeder is a bad ass car. i called it the baby ferrari.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
GhettoRacer said:
specs on your spyder? i've track whored a lot of cars, and mr2 spyeder is a bad ass car. i called it the baby ferrari.
here's my current setup. not tooooo different from when he drove it last year.

Suspension
TEIN HA coilovers
TTE 3-way adjustable front and rear anti-sway bars
Battle Version adjustable rear control arms and tension arms
Cusco front and rear lower member braces
TRD front strut brace and rear X-brace
Custom flex plate
Custom 5-point roll bar
TRD Sport Brake pads
ATE Blue brake fluid
Toysport steel braided brake line
Energy Suspension bushings
yokohama avs es100 R: 225/50/16 F:205/50/16

Weight Reductions
Sparco REV seats
Sparco Ring steering wheel
Seibon carbon fiber bonnet
BRS Carbon fiber engine lid
carpet, foam insulation, misc interior plastics removed.
Rota slipstream rims (bleh, but i got them for dirt CHEAP)

Engine
AEM Cold Air intake
PPE 4-1 race header and downpipe
Team Moon dual exhaust
apex power conditioner

i've been thinking of what to do to get more power and i've decided to just finish the project up and go turbo. building it NA would be too expensive and time consuming since i would go w/ an NA v6. here's what i have coming in this saturday:
HASS Turbo manifold
Garrett GT28RS
3" turbo exhaust
under-rear mount intercooler
Porsche 911 OE BOV
410cc injectors
Greddy e-manage

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my boys @ RCREW performed K20A DC5R swap into MR2 Spyder last year. It's a tight fit but works very well. Not a cheap swap though.

The disco potato setup sounds good for your car. It should make pretty good power. I'm actually going to put GT28RS on my delsol for Time Attack this year too.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
that's my friends car. it's okay...but not *that* fast. i liked it better when it was turbo.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
finally saw AT3. delly-ohh got a 2 minute "Special Tuning Report" on. w00 h00!! although the dvd cover says nothing of it...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Blast from the past. The actual footage now available on youtube!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts