Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having some problems with the remote start i am installing in my wifes '04 CRV- (which i think is laid out really similar to a civic, at least, electrically) ITs with the remote start portion- I am installing a CrimeStopper 2015FM, and will have an approiate transponder unit soon, But even with the jey in the ignition, the remote started will start the car just fine, but shuts off like a second or two later. Is there some sort of engine kill that is shutting it off? Other than the key thing? There is no factory security system installed, at least not that i know of. On the alarm brain, there is an output wire for disarming the factory security system during a remote start, do i need to do something with this? IF so, where is the wire i need to tap it into? Thanks for any help you can give!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
you're going to need to get the transponder that you can put an extra key in. The new hondas have a chip in the their key and you have to get the transponder to bypass this feature. it works the same as the the newer chevy's that have the chipped key as well.

that should be the only reason that its shutting off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IF i leave a key in or near the ignition, the car engine will remote start just fine, and the shuts down a second or two later. IS the immobilizer system seperate from the key chip? could that be what is shutting it down?

·
Registered
93 Posts
The immoblizer recognizes when the key with the chip is in the ignition, which is why the car will start when the key is in or near the ignition switch. The way the bypass works is that the key with the chip is put into the bypass and a wire is run up to the ignition switch and placed around the ignition, this wire sends the signal that is in the key to the ignition so it starts, basically fooling the immoblizer to thinking the key is in the ignition.

·
Registered
658 Posts
you are the one installing the starter? maybe you don't have all the secondary wires hooked up...wires for foot brake, tachometer, etc. i know the clifford starter will die if you remote start and depress the brake before you insert the key and click it twice.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
also you gotta make sure you learn the tach. i know that if you don't learn the tach, or have the alarm set on voltage reading then the car will try to keep starting since it doesn't recognize the car is on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help guys. Tunrs out i DID need the tach hooked up. I was trying to use the "Smart Tachless" mode on the crimestoppers, but learned that it doesnt do well with hondas. I hooked up the tach wire and it purred like a kitten:) Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts