Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isn't car or rsx related but I wanted to get everyones opinion about Alienware pcs'. I want to buy a laptop for gaming and I looked at the Apple 17" powerbook. I am also looking at the Alienware Area 51 extreme, but I don't know anything about that brand of computer.

So my question is, is it good or is it the best laptop out there?
also can it do what ohter computers do windows,digital photos, etc..........?Thanks

·
Registered
761 Posts
This needs to go to the computers forum.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
539 Posts
if its mostly for gaming i would go for the alienware because macs arent as good for gaming as pcs and ive only heard good things about them.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
there is an Off Topic Forum on this site for questions like these...

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
lol:p

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Best for two

If your getting it mainly for gaming I'd say get a Voodo Laptop . (note: these are pricey, as are alienware) The Voodoo's have nicer screens then the alienware.

If your only going to be playing certain games which are available for the mac I'd say go for that the new powerbooks' have ATI's radeon 9600 chip and they're better for music/video/photo editing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I heard good things about the alienware laptops. But if your in it for the games, I would suggest you get the alienware over the powerbook because games are usually made for the pc or should i say, there are more varieties on the pc. Still, nothing beats a desktop that u build yourself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts