Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

alignment

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  UCRaccordV6 
#1 ·
just got back from my local friendly alignment shop...
after lowering with neuspeed sports and bilstein HD's my toe was WAAY off... toed out .25" on each front tire, and rear left was toed out .15" and check this, rear right was toed IN .3" fucking a.

anyway, a question for those who've had negative camber for a while... i've got between -1.2 and -1.7 degrees on all four tires. i figure since it's only about a half a degree off of spec it won't be a HUGE problem, but i thought i'd ask what kind of tire wear people have had with similar negative camber? i'm still rolling on 15" stock EX'ers since i've heard lower profile tires wear faster from neg. camber.

#2 ·
i had 205/50 on stock wheels with about 1.5 degrees negative camber in the rear and almost 2 degrees negative in the front.
i got front camber kits right away, but put off getting rears....til i had a blowout on the freeway cause i wore it down to the steel on the inside of the tread. i would recommend gettig kits for the front and then doing the longer screw and 3 washers for the rear. the washers should add about .75 degrees of positive camber to the back making it near perfect...

#3 ·
My camber is around 1.7 in the rear and the wear is not too bad, but nevertheless it definately wears down the tires pretty fast. I've just purchased my second set of tires in about a year so it gets really expensive. I have 40 series tires and I had to buy my first set after only about 5 months! I went out and bought a camber kit for the front and washers in the rear, but I still have negative camber in the rear, the front is in spec. Btw, I have skunk2 coilovers that are about 3/4 of the way down, so my drop is pretty low. Hey if you know where I can buy a long bolt with the extra washers let me know b/c I want to put the rear a little more in spec because the back wears out unevenly from the front big time. Any help would be appreciated.

#4 ·
you can get the bolt at any hardware store.
i am not sure of the exact size, but an easy was is drive down to the store with a ratchet and sockets, jack the corner up...remove one bolt and take that in, match it to one that is the right thread, and then get one that is slightly longer than stock, and get the rigth washers for it. MAKE SURE YOU GET A GRADE 8 BOLT. if it is nto grade 8 or higher it is not strong enough...

right now my car is down between 2.5 and 3 inches...i bought ingalls kits all teh way around and paid like $18 for the rear ones...basically i paid $18 for washers and bolts, stuffi could have had for a lot less at Ace...

#5 ·
How difficult is it to install the camber kit?

Im thinking about getting a camber kit for my Integra.

A local shop here estimates the labor for just the fronts at $30-$80.

Should I do this sucka myself? Also, after the install is it necessary to do a wheel alignment?

#7 ·
Re: How difficult is it to install the camber kit?

IslandBoy said:
Im thinking about getting a camber kit for my Integra.

A local shop here estimates the labor for just the fronts at $30-$80.

Should I do this sucka myself? Also, after the install is it necessary to do a wheel alignment?
if you can get a professional to do, it can be a bitch. and of course you should get an alignment done afterward

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.