Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just thought I'd get off my lazy ass and post some rather dreadful pics of what happened to my Civic after mother nature's bitch ass decided to "rain on my parade" (yes... pun intended). It also didn't help that whoever put of our awning was a complete ass jar and neglected to put in a center support. Needless to say, we got FUCKED over and got no kind of money out of all this madness. I even had to pay a $250 decuctible to get it fixed, not to mention I had to go like a month w/o my car! :mad Well it's fixed now, as you can see, and since it's tax season I decided to spruce things up a bit w/ some new rims (yeah, they're MR7's... and I LOVE them to death :D ). I've heard lots of people talk shit about Motegi's, but it's not about them... it's about me and my car and I wouldn't have it any other way :p . Anyways, I'm waiting on my mugen front lip to come in next week sometime, and after a little bit of saving, I'm gonna do the suspension ('cause I desperately need it, esp. in the front!). And since I'm very new, I'd just like to say that this is a fucking great forum and I'm glad to be a part of it. Very helpful and informative to say the least. Ok... enough of my bullshit ramblings. Here are the pics (with more to come):

Ouch...

It was just inches away from annihilating my dad's RX7!... luckily my back window broke it's fall

$1500 of pure bullshit

Another $1500 of pure bullshit (and it had only been up a few years)

YEAH... nice and stock. Check out how high the front is :hehe

FYI: the sticker is a SOHC VTEC... not bragging about having VTEC, I just love the way it looks on Si's

Yeah, needs a little somethin here and there, but I'm not building a racecar so I'm not going to do much with the engine (for now anyway). It drives great as it is, so exterior mods... here I come!!!

·
Registered
519 Posts
mang that sux balls!! i would be pissed!! glad u got it fixed and on the road again, not feeling the motegi's but like u said its ur ride! u should lower in the near future, lowering ur car makes any rims (even steelies) look sexy :p
glad eerthing is coo!

good luck with the car!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
yeah that does suck, but at least everything's looking better these days. good thing too that the old FC didn't get smacked around, but i guess that's one good thing about your car taking the hit....

uh, anyway

i do like how the MR7s look, and since you're not building a race car the weight (which i understand is the main complaint about them) doesn't really matter. everyone's going with 15's these days, but the right 17's on a civic still looks nice, especially with the right drop. keep up the good work man!

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
that one civic said:
everyone's going with 15's these days, but the right 17's on a civic still looks nice, especially with the right drop. keep up the good work man!

15's y0! Just got mine!! BTW, I like those rims on yer car, look kinda like my old Konig Tantrums.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
AHHHHHHHH. i love the side decals dude. i have the same ones. check it out in the pic below. so many people think i have an SI, (if they knew anybetter they's know they didn't make them in white), but anyways they do none the less. i just put it on because i think i looks nice. :number1 sucks bout you car though!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the sympathy. Yeah... I was pissed, but not right away though, because for some sick reason I had this silly notion that we could get some mad cash flow from this incident, but alas I was dead fucking wrong. Anyway, I am really looking to lower it in the future... the very, very near future... and am still unsure about the best way to go about lowering it w/o spending like a thousand bucks (and still getting a somewhat smooth ride). I was thinking of just getting a good set of springs (any suggestions?), slapping them on my stock struts, then saving like crazy to buy some KYB AGX's or someting before mine blow up. How long would that setup ast? I could have the $$$ for new struts in less than 6 months after putting on springs. Some input on a good setup would be really helpful. Thanks again! :clap

1 - 8 of 8 Posts