Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the non-adj shocks that can handle a 2" drop and be relieable. (Please post)[CRX]

Ok what I'm asking you to do is post all the aftermarket shocks that can handle a 2" drops and that are non-adjustable. Reliability is an issue.

I really need an answer for a 2nd Gen CRX. So if you post a shock/strut that fits another car please also post what car it is that the strut/shock goes to.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
bilstein HD if they make them for your car.
nothing else comes close to them.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Or buy some new top mounts like these from GC

They will give the shocks more travel so that a 2 inch drop will be more like a 1 inch drop to the shocks.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Wont the top of the mounts get in the way of the hood??

jessecrx said:
Or buy some new top mounts like these from GC

They will give the shocks more travel so that a 2 inch drop will be more like a 1 inch drop to the shocks.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jessecrx said:
Not at all. They are custom made for the CRX and DA Integras.
so could I run a stock shock, or shoudl I go ahead and get aftermarket and these to be on the safe side?

edit:
btw, can I marry your wife? I want a JDM front end now.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Moon Ill said:
so could I run a stock shock, or shoudl I go ahead and get aftermarket and these to be on the safe side?

edit:
btw, can I marry your wife? I want a JDM front end now.
Dude for about $330 you can have Tokico Illuminas(all 4) shipped and these for $200 from GC. Do it right the first time.

Whats funny is that Ground Control claims that they will ONLY work with GC coilovers...but I don't understand how since the rubber bushing looks the EXACT same as the stock ones do.

Or you can save yourself a fat chunk of change by doing the DIY Suspension Mod

1 - 7 of 7 Posts