Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. I was at the Honda dealership a while back and was looking through their car brochure(sp?) of the prelude, I noticed that there really isn't any difference between the Type SH and the next model down. Is there something I missed that wasn't in the brochure? The only thing that I noticed that was different was with weight of the two and the Type SH was heavier. Is there a difference and what is it? Thanks.

· Registered
175 Posts
The SH comes stock with a spoiler, painted skirts, and the ATTS system. Also comes with SH wheels, and a different leather shiftknob.

· Registered
237 Posts
the sh comes with the following....(i am not an expert so there is probabley more:) )
ATTS: Active Torque Transfer System: It helps shift the torque when you are turning....so the sh is better handleing. this also probabley accounts for the weight diff.
Painted Side Skirts: Looks a lot better
5 Spoke Rims: Also Looks Better
And i think leather stoc but i am not sure

· Registered
672 Posts
it doesn't come with leather stock, BUT it comes with all that other stuff and lights in the door panels. damn those lights are cool.

· Registered
395 Posts
on top of everything that's been mention so far, the SH has a different suspension geometry, mainly in the front than the base model,
longer/stiffer springs and dampers all around ,
thinner front sway bar,
radius rods use a heim joint instead of a rubber bushings,
double the wheel caster,
just a little bit larger middle lobes(.5mm) on the camshaft, & valve springs to match them
courtesy lights on the door
leather shift knob
an ATTS warning lamp:p
a type SH sticker:p :p
$3000 more

other things i can't think of right now. these are all relatively little things. the ATTS is the bigges difference

· Registered
2,059 Posts
it also has a reclining mechanism for the passenger in the back seat to push to get out of the back passenger side, no third brake light inside the car, and the oil filter is in a diff. location.

· Registered
2,242 Posts
The Diff between them is:

ATTS- Shifts the torque to the outside wheels in turns "does it work who knows"

The painted side skirts- "I got the OEM kit so really doesn't matter if there painted or not there replaced anyway"

No but if you read up on the ATTS it really only works in extreme turns the articles I read all said in daily driving you will tell no diff, only at at track if that. All in all the base model will beat an SH in the 1/4 mile.

· Registered
395 Posts
InerTech said:
The Diff between them is:

ATTS- Shifts the torque to the outside wheels in turns "does it work who knows"

The painted side skirts- "I got the OEM kit so really doesn't matter if there painted or not there replaced anyway"

No but if you read up on the ATTS it really only works in extreme turns the articles I read all said in daily driving you will tell no diff, only at at track if that. All in all the base model will beat an SH in the 1/4 mile.
your last claim is debatable.:p and i sure hope you're not including the SS in that. the base is only 88 lbs less than the SH. everyone seems to think that it's 300 or 400 lbs lighter. the base is more easily modded than the SH. that's the choice to get for the serious lude racer, if you're plannin on FI to be specific.

· Registered
224 Posts
an ATTS warning lamp

If the focker's like mine it loves to go off too...It's OK now but that's been my only complaint. The ATTS system works very well but it can get froggy sometimes, I have actually had the rear break loose a little, it may be the sway bar though.

· Registered
224 Posts
O yes I forgot to mention, the lift and duration is increased a bit on the SH to make up for the added weight of ATTS, the base is still faster though in 1/4 mile

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.