Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
too bad the search function isn't working. Yes the Alpine Type-R's are great subs, I highly recommend them. The Infinity Kappa Perfects are also great subs. As for Audiobahns, unless you get the Alums, they aren't worth the money. They are definetely loud, but don't sound that great. As for the best sub, that's up to you and what pleases your ears, everyone has a different opinion on whats the best.

·
Registered
93 Posts
the type-r's sound best when amped, if you aren't planning on amping them, the infiniti reference are really really nice.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
DjPaj said:
the type-r's sound best when amped, if you aren't planning on amping them, the infiniti reference are really really nice.
if we're talking about subs here, you have to have an amp to run your subs. You can't just wire them to your headunit cause it doesn't put out nearly enough power. If you're talking about door speakers, you can run coaxials off your headunit, but if you want to get components, they are going to sound best with an amp running them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I thought he was asking a general speaker question, he really didn't specify subs or components...

Off the topic for a minute, but I actually had someone once ask me why he needed an amp to run an MTX Thunder he was gonna buy... He thought I was gonna install it onto his rear deck and hook it up to his normal rear speaker wires.... :bh:

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
yah i thought we were talking about subs since he brought up Audiobahn, don't know anyone that owns a pair of Audiobahn coaxial or component speakers

DjPaj said:
I thought he was asking a general speaker question, he really didn't specify subs or components...

Off the topic for a minute, but I actually had someone once ask me why he needed an amp to run an MTX Thunder he was gonna buy... He thought I was gonna install it onto his rear deck and hook it up to his normal rear speaker wires.... :bh:
lol...for my first system, i bought my sub before i got my amp, and I hated just having it sit in my room, so I turned on the sub option on my Pioneer headunit, and bridged the rear channels and wired it to my Pioneer sub, I could barely see the cone move lol.

·
Registered
93 Posts
GScivic7 said:
yah i thought we were talking about subs since he brought up Audiobahn, don't know anyone that owns a pair of Audiobahn coaxial or component speakerslol.
My store sells Audiobahn seperates and coaxials, the seperates are cool cause you can mount the tweeter either away from the woofer or you can mount it right onto the speaker itself, but I would still recommend the Infiniti or Type-R's over them...

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
DjPaj said:
My store sells Audiobahn seperates and coaxials, the seperates are cool cause you can mount the tweeter either away from the woofer or you can mount it right onto the speaker itself, but I would still recommend the Infiniti or Type-R's over them...
oh yah, i know that Audiobahn makes components and coaxials, i was thinking about getting a pair just to try out, but no one seems to use them.....

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry i didnt specify, but im talkin bout component speakers.

how big of an amp would i need to run them?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts