Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how hard is Solo II is on your car. I mean I dont want to have to worry about alot of internal damage when I run. I know that you really dont have that much speed but I dont know what the results of running consistent high RPMs through an older motor might cause. The advice that you all have already given is priceless. I would like some more. :fire1: :fire1: :ken:

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
All the autocrosses I've been to except one you leave in 2nd gear. I've banged off redline several times throughout the time I"ve had my car.

The only things which really wear out are typical things: brake pads, brake rotors, fluids, tires, suspension components. I know someone with a 1986 Civic Si with 240,000 miles on it and still on the same clutch.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well-- you're going to go through tires... I bought new tires at the begining of the summer and I'll need new ones before next summer. That gets expensive. Also, autoxing is tough on your wallet. Everytime you leave a race you'll want to spend a whole bunch of cash to make your car a little faster or handle just a little better. I skipped out of the last two races this summer because I knew I didn't have any $$$ to better my car. My point is, even if autoxing doesn't ruin your car, you'll want to replace everything the second you compare your times with the other cars in your class.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
StockClassLS said:
Well-- you're going to go through tires... I bought new tires at the begining of the summer and I'll need new ones before next summer. That gets expensive. Also, autoxing is tough on your wallet. Everytime you leave a race you'll want to spend a whole bunch of cash to make your car a little faster or handle just a little better. I skipped out of the last two races this summer because I knew I didn't have any $$$ to better my car. My point is, even if autoxing doesn't ruin your car, you'll want to replace everything the second you compare your times with the other cars in your class.
Well yeah tires since that's what's holding you to the ground.

But in autocrossing you don't have to spend money on your car you should spend it on the driver. TOo many people think that putting more mods on your car will make you faster and in fact it will not.

Spending $1000 on a nice coilover system will net you .5-1 second on a 60 second course. Spending $200 on a driving school or $50 on a Novice Autocross school willl net you 4-8 seconds on the same course.

I always recommend leaving your car AS IS for a season and learn the limits of your car before adding mods. Mods will just bump you into harder classes if you are not careful. Stock classes can be cheap if you only replace the NEEDED items for the class.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts