Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i did a search and came short so here goes. I just bought to front struts and am going to intall them myself. I got two tokico's and got two struts with a lugnut each. i have the manual for the car and am asking for some adivice on any unexpected crap that i might encounter while doing the intall. i know you need a spring compressor. and have a decent set of tools. anyway'z thanks for any advice. :mad

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
if it's unexpected, how do we tell you it's going to happen? if you run across something different, then we can tell you how to solve it. you just gotta do it to do it. solve problems as they arise. it's very easy and very methodical. just do it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
uy que retardo

for a moderator you sure make a stupid point
first of all it is a fact that whenever you do something new "unexpected things happen" and as far as i know this is an advice and discussion forum therefore i am asking for ADVICE on any little annoying crap that might retard my finish. stfu.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
hahah retarding your finish? you staying online asking dumb questions about things that we can't foresee is keeping you from finishing. just do it. there's nothing really annoying about doing it right...but if you run into a specific problem, it can get annoying...but those are pretty rare...unless you were being a tool and fucked something up.

if you do it right, then there's not gonna be any problems. if you fuck up...or if a previous owner or person who worked on your car fucked up, then will have yourself some troubles. simple as that.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damnit

yup you got a point the thing is it is rare for me to work on cars so i always ask for pointers guess i could have worded that better. :bash

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
well for pointers, then just try to be smarter than the tools you're using. they can do more than what they're meant to do if you can figure it out. if you have all the right tools too, you can do it very easily. there's no real tricks to doing it, you just gotta go balls out and go for it.

good luck! :tu

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
whew did em and what b

well i tackled this project last monday with my homie whom has done this many times before so i felt confident i had all the tool and was ready to go with a twelve pack of coronis and lots of time.
started at twelve didn't finish that day because my buddy hammered ths shit out of the last bolt to pop out the steering arm on the last strut and stripped it ( even i wouldn't have done that rubber mallet anyone?) nobody had the nut or a kit to rethread it. that night my dad tells me he has a metric rethread kit and i take it and rethread it and nut goes on it's all gravy. But turns out the car is clicking everythime i go over a bump after investigation the strut lugnut was not tightened all the way by my homy
Moral of the story nobody cares about you're car like you do
so even if it takes me longer i will do it as long as it's done right!

·
Registered
141 Posts
never drink and drive and never ever,ever drink many beers and work on your car. glad yu got up and running. thats my next project and can't wait

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
freddieno said:
Moral of the story nobody cares about you're car like you do
so even if it takes me longer i will do it as long as it's done right!

:nod :stupid

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.