Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a year ago one of my tires wore out pretty bad and i went to discount tire to replace it. i purchases a pair. These pair of tires came with a warranty on them including 2 free patches and 2 free tire replacement if lets say one goes flat. Well yesterday one of my tires went flat from a nail. my car is dropped. I went to discount tire today and told me that they won't replace the tire for free because my car was dropped. And i ask them "even though the real problem my tire is flat is because this nail?" And they said yea. they added that the inner wear of the tire cause by the negative camber is the problem. So am i being scammed or they telling me the truth?

·
Registered
388 Posts
I don't think it would be called a scam, but they are being harda$$ with you. Probably a fair outcome would be that they fix the nail for free. :)
-or-
if the tire can't be repaired they will pro-rate it. Measure tread from the middle, left and right side of the tread. Then average the tread wear and go by that for pro-rating to see what you will pay for a new tire. That is if the average is not past their preset thread wear limit for free replacement. You could expect to pay like 10$ up to full price for a completely bald tire. :(

Being lowered has nothing to do with the nail in your tire. :hehe

Talk to someone diffferent next time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
yes i too think that they are giving you a hard time... i used to work at americas tire and we did a grip of free tires that had nails in them that were too big or too close to the side wall.....if you didnt change the tire untill you got to the place and ran on it for a bit while it was flat..then maybe....MAYBE.....but i doubt it.....just my two cents...

jokerzz out.....

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks so much guys for the input. I instead took only the rim/tire to another discount tire and they patched it up for free wiht no questions. damn and i almost lost 250 when i didn't need to . thanks alot guys for the info about the warranties and etc. i think the first discound tire were fcuking with me when they said i couldn't fix the hole. fcukin bastards!!!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I worked at NTB for quite a while so I know they werent even trying to be bastards. People dont understand the conditions any tire has to be in to be repiared and be safe. Depending on where the nail was and the condition of the wear from the camber they were probably just being honest with you. Tire installers get sued big time all the time for botched tire repairs. Just saying, cuz I know u got it fixed ne ways.

·
Registered
76 Posts
yes so true......wouldnt be worth fixing if the tire is already bad...(going blad)....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.