Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man...one of my stupid friends just bet his other friend that my accord v6 can take his 89 supra non-turbo. does anyone know the spec of the car? i don't know if i should help my friend out or not because he just bet without telling me about it. i mean i will race the guy but i want to know if i got a chance of beating him. i only got greddy exhaust and the supra has muffler and air filter.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Akord02 said:
man...one of my stupid friends just bet his other friend that my accord v6 can take his 89 supra non-turbo. does anyone know the spec of the car? i don't know if i should help my friend out or not because he just bet without telling me about it. i mean i will race the guy but i want to know if i got a chance of beating him. i only got greddy exhaust and the supra has muffler and air filter.
1988 Toyota Supra 7.9 16.0
1989 Toyota Supra Turbo 6.6 15.2

those are the 0 to 60 and 1/4 miles for the 88 non turbo and 89 turbo. I hope this helps. IMO, i think that it would be about even, not sure tho. He might take you if its a stick. the other guys on the board should be able to help you more on this.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
neone can predict how fast my car runs? i only got a greddy exhaust and my car is a v6 sedan ex. from what my friend is telling me his friend cant shift very well and he weighs like aleast 50pounds more then me.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the race should be held this friday...so i dont got time or money to buy NOS. the driver weighs aleast 250 + his 3400 pound car= 3650pounds. me+car= 3500pounds. my friend also says he aint a very good driver. so im prayin ill win.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I truely believe you can take him, just remember to torque brake. I found that torque braking at 2k is good enough, if higher i get a little wheel spin and I have Pirelli 225/40/18 tires. Smok'em for all us V6ers!!! Oh and try to take out as much weight as possible ie: the rear seats just poop right out, the spare, the jack, tools, subs and amp if you gots it, and dont eat for awhile, hehe that might help, but i think you can take him as long as he doesnt have any secrets under the hood.

PS: dont mess with the turbos though!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Non Turbo

Race him, if it is a stock Supra, I bet my left toe that you will beat him. That car is alot slower then yours. If it is a turbo, which you said it wasn't then don't bother.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for all your help. im gonna smoke him this friday at the illegals if he shows up. dat foo talks hella shiet about our v6s! i smoked all his friends aready so this friday im gonna take him down too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
that 0-60 and 1/4 mile time are pretty close to ours, but one thing u have to remember is that car is now 13 years old. I highly doubt its running in top shape

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.