Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is going to be long so if you dont feel like reading...stop here

Alright...here I go

I recently graduated from HS a few months ago and haven't no clue what I am going to do or where I'm going. I wasn't lucky to have pre-made plan before I got out. Now I'm working part-time making barely over minimum wage and make enough funds to pay my car payment/insurance and take my girl out every once and a while. I rarely by myself anything and I think twice or even three times before I do get myself something. Basically I feel like I'm making little money and what I make...I have nothing to show for. My girl friend doesn't make any money because she's given 4-12 hours at her job right now. So basically I buy her stuff so she doesn't have to worry about not being able to pay off her insurance and shit like that.

to the point ...

I didn't come here to whine about my financial situation, but i just wanted input from people who feel lost. Do any of you feel lost in your life right now? have no clue of what to do?

I live in my parents house and I'm rarely in it besides at night when I bring my gf there after being out all day. My parents do not talk to each other and are only together so that we can still live in a house and not an apartment like all my life i did as a child. I have a 15 yr old sister that does not communicate with me at all and curses back at me. I have an unemployed uncle living in the garage too. I cant even remember when was the last time my family ate together or went out somewhere together. Basically I am so tired of living in this house getting yelled at all the time. The only reason I haven't left is because of my girlfriend. I could go down to the local recruitment air force center and just sign up and be outta here. But my dad has been in the army for 21 years and still has 2 to go and from what i've been through and witnessed, i dont want to end up like him. I feel like theres something inside of me that I am supposed to rise up and achieve something in my life....make a mark in the world or something i guess. Ever since I was little I wanted to be a champion fighter or action movie star like Bruce Lee, Muhammad Ali, Wesley snipes etc. But all my plans for that have not fallen through. I even have one of the best boxing coaches on the pacific coast and don't have motivation to train anymore. i used to train 5 days a week, 3 hours a day. And now I can't even get myself up outta bed to take a shower. I feel really depressed at times and do not know what to do. for example...I'll try and play a video game but cannot concentrate and I'll throw in a movie into DVD player, watch the movie for like half an hour and cannot concentrate again so I read a book...same thing for like half an hour and I switch to listening to depressing music. Sometimes I find myself lying on the floor to lazy and depressed just thinking of how much I am a fuck up. I lay on the floor and fall asleep waking up hours later. And this happens on a regular basis! Sometimes I'll get in my car and drive to the middle of no where and park...then fall asleep there. I also get thoughts of my girlfriend cheating on me all the time for some reason or losing feelings for me...I find myself contemplating suicide all the time too. Like right now...as I type all this shit out...

is anyone lost like me? have no sense of motivation? feel like they have no reason to wake up the next day?

sorry for this being so long..

·
Registered
153 Posts
dude, im 28 and honestly, im fuckin lost still, big time...i have an ok job, a decent car and a 6 year old kid, live with my parents, cause i cnat afford to do it on my own right now, but im dyin to roll, and have my own place again, my word of advice, is when you do start to make money , try and save as much as you can, cause if i had all the cash i blew on cars, beer, tattoos, cds, drugs, food , bullshit when i was younger, id be doin prettty friggin good right now, but then again , who really does that when theyre young,,,,

·
Registered
153 Posts
Requiem said:
this is going to be long so if you dont feel like reading...stop here

Alright...here I go

I recently graduated from HS a few months ago and haven't no clue what I am going to do or where I'm going. I wasn't lucky to have pre-made plan before I got out. Now I'm working part-time making barely over minimum wage and make enough funds to pay my car payment/insurance and take my girl out every once and a while. I rarely by myself anything and I think twice or even three times before I do get myself something. Basically I feel like I'm making little money and what I make...I have nothing to show for. My girl friend doesn't make any money because she's given 4-12 hours at her job right now. So basically I buy her stuff so she doesn't have to worry about not being able to pay off her insurance and shit like that.

to the point ...

also alot of that stuff at the end that you mentioned, i dont think theres anything wrong with ya, at your age i felt the same way, i was always questioning everything, and analyising shit for no reason, and sometimes shit does seem real bad, but you are not always gonna be at the point in life you are at now. things will change...

I didn't come here to whine about my financial situation, but i just wanted input from people who feel lost. Do any of you feel lost in your life right now? have no clue of what to do?

I live in my parents house and I'm rarely in it besides at night when I bring my gf there after being out all day. My parents do not talk to each other and are only together so that we can still live in a house and not an apartment like all my life i did as a child. I have a 15 yr old sister that does not communicate with me at all and curses back at me. I have an unemployed uncle living in the garage too. I cant even remember when was the last time my family ate together or went out somewhere together. Basically I am so tired of living in this house getting yelled at all the time. The only reason I haven't left is because of my girlfriend. I could go down to the local recruitment air force center and just sign up and be outta here. But my dad has been in the army for 21 years and still has 2 to go and from what i've been through and witnessed, i dont want to end up like him. I feel like theres something inside of me that I am supposed to rise up and achieve something in my life....make a mark in the world or something i guess. Ever since I was little I wanted to be a champion fighter or action movie star like Bruce Lee, Muhammad Ali, Wesley snipes etc. But all my plans for that have not fallen through. I even have one of the best boxing coaches on the pacific coast and don't have motivation to train anymore. i used to train 5 days a week, 3 hours a day. And now I can't even get myself up outta bed to take a shower. I feel really depressed at times and do not know what to do. for example...I'll try and play a video game but cannot concentrate and I'll throw in a movie into DVD player, watch the movie for like half an hour and cannot concentrate again so I read a book...same thing for like half an hour and I switch to listening to depressing music. Sometimes I find myself lying on the floor to lazy and depressed just thinking of how much I am a fuck up. I lay on the floor and fall asleep waking up hours later. And this happens on a regular basis! Sometimes I'll get in my car and drive to the middle of no where and park...then fall asleep there. I also get thoughts of my girlfriend cheating on me all the time for some reason or losing feelings for me...I find myself contemplating suicide all the time too. Like right now...as I type all this shit out...

is anyone lost like me? have no sense of motivation? feel like they have no reason to wake up the next day?

sorry for this being so long..

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
see thats my point...

no offense...but i dont want to end up like you...being 28 with a kid and living at home must really suck. I hate it how the asian kids around me have everything just given to them. "Mom can I please get a RSX Type S, WRX, or Lexus IS300 for my graduation gift?!" *sigh* But then again i am a hater..im jealous I'll admit it..and I wish my life was as easy as theirs

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
first off parents will be parents, fuck im 21 and try to stay clear away from home kusa the BS i haveta deal with from my mom, curfew, never listening and always arguing....but u haveta sumtimes see that they are just doing there job, i have blown all my $$$ on frivolous shit too and yet when it comes down to it i cant ever borrow $$ kus my mom wont lend it to me, also never think of suicide as the way out i have seen u say that quite alot if u r thinking of it seriously go get help, ive been there done that and have seen friends try to do it, its not a laffin matter to disregard, just relax and stay calm and dont worry bout all the shit in life

·
Registered
153 Posts
Requiem said:
see thats my point...

no offense...but i dont want to end up like you...being 28 with a kid and living at home must really suck. I hate it how the asian kids around me have everything just given to them. "Mom can I please get a RSX Type S, WRX, or Lexus IS300 for my graduation gift?!" *sigh* But then again i am a hater..im jealous I'll admit it..and I wish my life was as easy as theirs
well , that was my point, dont end up this way, its not as if im happy about itall, dont go to jail, dont knock up "the love of your life" , try to go to school and learn somethin, dont say it is $$ cause there are plenty of black kids in the ghetto with no job with parents on welfare and all goin for free, so whee there is a will there is a way. that wasnt meant to be a racist statement, although im sure someone will give me shit for it, but then again, i had alot of bad luck to get this far, and as soon as this car is paid for im out of here, and then im not gonna bitch so much, being i dont have it too bad, just once im out again things will be so much better,

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
i also felt the same way after high school.
i spent more time online, gained a lil bit of weight, lost some friends, less parties, more video games than ever, smoking more pot, drinking more, reading, thinking about my car, shit like that.
just get some help if you need it. maybe find a new job that you like? its all in the matter of time...
hope you feel better. its been a year since i graduated and now i am feeling like i need to get the fuck up and do something.
its all good man, your family seems like an average family. most people go through the same situation.
hope you feel better.:)

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pharcyde93 said:
i also felt the same way after high school.
i spent more time online, gained a lil bit of weight, lost some friends, less parties, more video games than ever, smoking more pot, drinking more, reading, thinking about my car, shit like that.
just get some help if you need it. maybe find a new job that you like? its all in the matter of time...
hope you feel better. its been a year since i graduated and now i am feeling like i need to get the fuck up and do something.
its all good man, your family seems like an average family. most people go through the same situation.
hope you feel better.:)
nice cars bro...what do yo do for a livin'? hehe anyways...

I used to be cut as hell and now i'm gaining weight =(
I don't really have any close friends anymore just aquaintances that I say wussup to. I don't go to parties, I drink once n a while, been trying to quit smoking, play my video games and watch A LOT of movies, and i've been reading too. But it sucks man..sitting here accomplishing nothing while the world and time just goes without you. For example...i dont have any money to keep up with technology man!! wtf is up with these $12,000 HDTV's! and phones with full digital display, mp3 capabilities, camera options, etc!! lol.... or even computers...mine is nearly 5 years old and I'm still using aol 5.0!!! damn game systems too...having a ps2 isn't enough, you need an Xbox or you aren't "updated". errr im going off my own subject... btw...you guys really help a lot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts