Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i should be getting these in today ordered them from the zeb...

CDT Audio
CL-61

6.5" 2-Way
Mid: Stamped 6.5"
Crossover: "Phase Perfect" Elliptic 4th order 2-Way SatNat-456
Tweeter: TW-20 silk soft dome or titanium dome
Power Handling: 90 watt RMS
Frequency Response: 60-20kHz
Sensitivity: 92.0 dB
Impedance: 4Ohm

what would be a nice amp for them?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Maybe I am reading wrong cause it is still early for me, but is it only one pair? And if so you only want to amp one set or are you gonna amp more than one? Just wondering, cause then it would be a case of a 2 vs. 4 channel amp.

Of the subject, but it is a cool to see an underground hip-hop head in here, although I can't say I'm feeling all of def jux, but Aesop Rock is nice.

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a componet set... meaning (2) 6.5's and two .75" tweets and the cross overs....

off topic yes aesop is nice and rest of def jux is nice too... check out the music forum in off topic plenty of fans there....

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
With the crossover, you'll only need a two channel amp. The crossover will be acting as your passive EQ. If I were you I'd get a middle of the road amp. Basically, you want something that is going to give you clear (low distortion %) sound at loud volumes. You won't need something that goes down to one ohm or anything. Rockford Power 1051S or Power 351S would be about as much as I'd wanna spend.

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok I just got it from ups guy. I want to hook these up quick. could anybody suggest something from www.thezeb.com They had pretty good shippping time, and also some nice prices...

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got a question will my jbl600.1 do the job?

its 150 watts rms x 2 at 4 ohm....

then i can get a better amp and sub for my trunk maybe....

·
Registered
37 Posts
yeah that amp will work jsut keep the gains down to keep teh distortion down adn dont turn it up too loud, yur speakers rnms at 90 adn that amp pushes 150... just take it easy on em... like i said keep the gains down... oh but i only recommend this as a temporary solution... go w/ a 100 x 2 @ 4 ohm amp for those... its best to stay near RMS ratings....

·
Registered
37 Posts
u said it was a component set right? two tweets two mids two passive crossovers? go from amp to crossovers to speakers adn youll still have too much power.. teh power handling rating isnt for jsut the mids its for one of each on a crossover...

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bloodlinez said:
u said it was a component set right? two tweets two mids two passive crossovers? go from amp to crossovers to speakers adn youll still have too much power.. teh power handling rating isnt for jsut the mids its for one of each on a crossover...
so how much do you reccomend? power rms....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts