Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this amp to sell... but after getting it, I liked it a lot, and it's perfect for the S... right size, two channel to power the two speakers, perfect power... it's pretty good. So I picked up another one from my distributor and installed it...

it sounds great... for only two speakers anyway. Clarion head unit, Pioneer two way door speakers, Power Acoustik 550 watt amp.

Next I'm adding a subwoofer back there, which I can also power through the amp (it's tri-mode capable).

I bought some 6x9 Pioneer 3-ways too, and I was gonna install them behind the seats, but the speaker's magnet was too large to fit into a flush mount back there... so I'll have to either find something smaller, or just live without it. the 2 speaker set up sounds just great right now, no subs, no tweeters. So I'm probably just gonna put a sub to round out the low end and leave it at that... I guess we'll see as time goes on.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
That power acoustic amp is the shit!!! i had two in my toyota matrix and it punded reeal good,and they are dirty cheap, you can throw that amp against the floor and it will keep working.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah the stock sound system blows... i'm probably gonna get a subwoofer and leave it at that... then start suspension work.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
looks like the only ppl in this thread have silverstone S2K's. i had to change that :D

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
twokexlv6coupe said:
looks like the only ppl in this thread have silverstone S2K's. i had to change that :D
Silverstone S2000´s are teh fastest :p

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
twokexlv6coupe said:
lies. yellow is teh fastest. cuz thats the color of the sun :D
what? idk

:lmao

·
Registered
102 Posts
Clone said:
two channel to power the two speakers.......... it sounds great... for only two speakers anyway. Clarion head unit, Pioneer two way door speakers........the 2 speaker set up sounds just great right now, no subs, no tweeters
If and when you do the rear speakers, ur gonna have to use a 4 ch. amp for door spkrs and use the 2 ch. for the sub.

Your front pioneer's come with a tweeter, for they are 2-way speakers as you said.

A system in an s2k should bang loud as hell of course depending the setup. good luck

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah I know, which is why I probably won't go to a rear speaker setup. cause one, it's difficult to custom fab in there, and I dont feel like dropping the cash to get the pre-made units (dont like where they're placed, either) and I dont really feel like switching the amp either. I'm probably just gonna put a small sub in the trunk to round out the fullness of the sound, and leave it at that.

this amp is tri-mode capable, so it'll be able to power both speakers and the sub.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts