Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

AMS EVO dyno run......988 awhp !!!!!!

1K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  caliboy23 
#1 ·
#2 ·
damn u just beat me to it. That is a sick ass video. Watch how it slides on the rollers

#3 ·
is 4g63 the factory evo8 motor for that car? :confused

and thats fuckin sick, you can see the front mount turbocharger lol FMT+FMIC. nice vid.

#4 ·
yep the 4G63 is the stock motor. But i believe this particular 4G is stroked to 2.1 or 2.3. They are not releasing the motor specs yet for this setup.

Reactions: ksniperfox
#7 ·
AntiVTEC said:
Lots of power but it seems like a dyno queen.
Um... it's their drag car... You know... the fastest Lancer Evolution on Earth... but yeah I guess it MUST be a "dyno queen" :lmao

~Peace

#9 ·
AntiVTEC said:
Lots of power but it seems like a dyno queen.

dyno queen? are you high or something? it ran 9's with the old setup. it should be in the high 7's low 8's with the new setup.

#11 ·
They're running a stroked 4g63 right now [even says it on the back of the car if you look closely]... up to a 2.3 liter from the stock 2.0. My buddy tells me that there were custom grind cams installed when they last changed their turbo setup dropping them into the 9's and breaking 900 horsepower. This is another BIGGER turbo though... so who knows if they swapped out cams for something more suitable to that turbo...

BTW... these videos are shot about an hour from my house. My buddy knows a couple of the guys at the shop. We're gonna be heading down to chi-town to grab some sushi probably within the next month, so I'll see if maybe they'll let me take pictures... or better yet... a ride.

And... this video may have been released yesterday... but... It's almost a month old! :lmao I wouldn't be suprised if they've broken the 1000awhp mark at this point. Guess we'll just have to see

[Edit: And holy shit I have a cargasm whenever they let off the gas at the end of the pull... it sounds like a monster now...]

~Peace

#12 ·
njn63 said:
They'll be lucky to run mid 8's. 7's? Not even close.

I lost all respect for AMS last summer when their car was broke at 2 straight events last summer. They do a lot of stuff mediocre instead of doing 1 thing well.
awe you high?

Jef Evans is THE tuner in the whole New England/South East are of the USA.
if they get the gearing right and enough rubber that car will be in the low 8's. if they sprayed it who knows how fast it would go.

either way FUCKING INSANE for a 2.3L engine!!!!That is one bottle of Mountain Dew you dont want to mess with!!

#13 ·
Cool video..Yeah its just another dyno queen like most Supras lol...But gotta congratulate AMS performance on two awesome cars...That Silver EVO & that black EVO both putting over 900+awhp is like competiting lol....Once they can beat Dana Westover SUPRA 8.18 sec pass now which he just pulled 2 weeks ago then i'll clap my hands...OTHER THAN THAT, nobody has nothing for LAS VEGAS: DANA WESTOVER...go las vegas go...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.