Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well heres the deal, my lude is starting to get pretty boring to me (i know i know, i dont want to hear it...its a good car you should keep it yada yada...hell i might keep it and just get a second car, who knows.)

anyways, the options ive set out for myself are pretty random and dont fit together at all...but then again...what else do you expect from me?

anways, heres the choices:

early 90's mitsubishi galant vr-4 (turbo, awd, 4ws):

Pros: its a 4 door, which is good to me. its exactly like a dsm under the hood but has a less flashy and more sleeper look to it. the mod-ability is endless and this is easily a 12 second car for cheap compared to how hard it is to get a honda into the 12's. cheap if i can find one.

Cons:its older, they are extremely hard to find in decent condition, they arnt the best looking car (but as you find out im not as concerned with looking sleek and flashy) they are notorious for having reliability issues (dont all dsm's have this rep?!) and lastly they are harder to work on (so ive been told) under the hood than its counterparts (talons and eclipses)

92-94 eagle talon tsi (turbo, awd):

Pros:well, its a dsm. mostly everyone knows about how fast they can be. awd is good, aftermarket is relitivly cheap and readily available. the car itself can be found for cheap also

Cons:it sure isnt a "looker" and isnt a pimp ride by any means, it gets the job done and thats about it, no luxury, and it has DSM reliability (althoght its a 1st gen so it wont have to deal with crankwalk) also, its an older car which will involve matinance at some point.

1980's dodge omni GLHS (yea, thats right. an 80's dodge bitch! 2.5L turbo carrol shelby design):

Pros: this little bugger is THE definition of a sleeper. super light weight (when gutted it will give civic hatches a run for their money on the scale, sub 2k lbs) mods are DIRT CHEAP, ill be the only one in town to have one thats for damned sure lol, super fast, well designed (some say they are more reliable than dsm's) by carrol shelby (the same guy that did all the shelby mustangs etc) they are cheap if i can find one, some say its the inspiration behind the srt-4 (the engine, obviously not the boxy body style.) oh yea, they handle pretty damned well too suprisingly.

Cons:well...look at it. its definitly not going to pull me any girls unless they are blind ones. its an old 80's dodge. im sure the little creature comforts are non existant...and im sure theres plenty of creaks and squeels on the interior etc. its FWD which means traction will be an issue, even though 11 second passes arnt rare in these cars so it cant be THAT big of a deal right?

mid-late 60's cadillac:

^^not specifically this body style/year, but something similar

Pros:its a damned pimp ride! throw some 150 spoke daytons and some subs in the trunk and call it a day! if done right it could definitly pull some girls. :D its got loads of character and for being their age they have good features and comforts, afterall it IS a caddy.

Cons:they are OLD, HUGE engines which means bad gas milage. its a land yatch and will definitly be hard getting used to driving. its not fast, at all. thats the one concern about this car im having, i would hate to buy it and get bored of "crusing" and i would want to start going fast.

as you can tell, im trying to stay on a budget so i can have some money in the bank for other things or for savings, its always good to have cash in the bank. also, all these cars are cheap on insurance which is killing me right now on the lude.

·
Registered
884 Posts
in response, all are fun cars, as for the caddy, it's not quick(1320, 0-60), but it can "cruise" at 100mph+ on the freeway with no problems if it has the big block under the hood and you'll just float on by everyone in their quick sport compacts and geared out muscle cars. i just say stay away from the talon cause everyone will see you coming and everyone will be throwing revs when you pull up at lights and such, the others you can have your fun when you want and not be hassled when you're trying to chill. hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts