Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the AN-R header comparable to an SMSP or HyTech header? I have been looking around for which header I should buy for my car and it is a hard decision-

My setup will be-
GSR Block
GSR Head
82mm B16 Pistons
Skunk2 Pro2 Cams
Skunk2 Springs & Retainers
High Compression Valves
Buddy Club.5mm Head Gasket
Skunk2 Intake Manifold
Skunk 2 Cam Gears
AEM FPR/Fuel Rail
DSM 450cc Injectors
The head is already milled (not sure exact amount)
It will be tuned with Neptune and I would like at least 185whp

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope so! You are running the JDM CTR Pistons? How do your cams compare to the SKunk 2 pro2?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has anyone on here used the AN-R header??? If so what are your opinions?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
My brother just put and AN-R header on his engine. It sounds 10x better than a JDM ITR 4-1. As far as power gain he says its really sweet. I know a guy with a AN-R header on his built/overbored H22 putting down 243whp... He likes it, but claims theirs a dead spot in his power band.

Personally, if you're taxed for cash then get an AN-R, but if you want power and can shell out the bucks... SMSP! Its so worth it. Just look at the dyno charts.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been looking all around and see there have been very good results from the Rage header. It helps a lot that the price is only $649 normal size and $699 for the bigger piping. I will most likely try this header out!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No one has answered about the Rage header!!!! I will be taking the car apart soon and hopefully get on the dyno before my date of sep 13 lol- Evans is really backed up-

Sirfalls- Let me know when you dyno your car and if you hit 200whp also if I hit 200 what do you think I would run with a 2250lbs car? With drag radials.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thats a 4-1 header- I'm looking for a better mid header.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm going with the Hytech production header. And possible TMW ITB'S (not sure) I have a tuning appointment for Sep 13.... Jeff is always booked..

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.