Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
337 Posts
that game actually looks pretty cool it is more open ended than the sims and more mature than pikmin. i think it is at least worth a rental.

· Premium Member
13,997 Posts
Yeah Ive been hearing about this game a lot. I hear you really have fun , things are always happening. When its light outside its light in animal crossing , sun setting outside , sun sets in animal crossing. I hear the game is really addicting and really fun.

Season change over a true year period....so when its winter outside , its winter and snowy on the game.

You can plant things , catch insects butterfies , fish , explore , do errands , shake things , find fossils , inspect the world , make things nice , make friends , find secrets , arrange your own house , certain things happen at certain days , some days have events , certain times certain stuff happens , they sleep , stores open at certain times , others in your house can play in your city as another person.

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
mike_sho said:
Yeah Ive been hearing about this game a lot. I hear you really have fun , things are always happening. When its light outside its light in animal crossing , sun setting outside , sun sets in animal crossing. I hear the game is really addicting and really fun.

Season change over a true year period....so when its winter outside , its winter and snowy on the game.

You can plant things , catch insects butterfies , fish , explore , do errands , shake things , find fossils , inspect the world , make things nice , make friends , find secrets , arrange your own house , certain things happen at certain days , some days have events , certain times certain stuff happens , they sleep , stores open at certain times , others in your house can play in your city as another person.
You set the time at the beginning of the game, no spoilers, but see what happens if you try to switch it! :p My friend has it but can only play late at night. She's bummed because nobody is awake in her AC neighborhood at those times. If you don't play for a few days it's amazing how much things progress while you've been gone. They also sell "booster cards" seperately that you can use with a Game Boy Advan. card reader to get additional options for the game.

It's kinda "cutesy" so some might want to check out The Sims too.

· Registered
959 Posts
mike_sho said:
Call the man. Get the game and let us know. I hear its almost snes zelda type with much more involved and no baddies.
From what I saw when I watched him play, it really isn't an action game at all, more like a life simulation. As stated in previous posts, you just walk around doing stuff, and things you do will have an effect in future events. Not sure about what you meant by SNES Zelda Type, but it looks more like an N64 game, which actually I think it was intended for, but was just ported over to the Cube...also the town is somewhat randomized when you start from the beginning so you know your not playing the same game as everyone else.

· Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Milano97 said:
From what I saw when I watched him play, it really isn't an action game at all, more like a life simulation. As stated in previous posts, you just walk around doing stuff, and things you do will have an effect in future events. Not sure about what you meant by SNES Zelda Type, but it looks more like an N64 game, which actually I think it was intended for, but was just ported over to the Cube...also the town is somewhat randomized when you start from the beginning so you know your not playing the same game as everyone else.
True! You start off w/ a hut, then earn "bells" (the form of money in the game) by doing jobs for other peeps in the game. Then you get to enlarge your home, decorate, etc. One things is that your character is always the same. You don't get to customize it. For example the male character has horns like ICO, etc. Also you can't intentionally hurt your character like starving, drowning it, etc.

· Registered
467 Posts
It was originally a 64DD game, kinda why it doesn't look all that good.
The game is really good though! Its extremely addictive too!
Def. worth a rental atleast!
Hope you have room on your memory card!

The sequel is due out later this year.

· Registered
3,089 Posts
Yeah I used to have it, it was great the first 3 or 4 weeks, but then it just got kind of boring......the fishing part was cool though, and being able to dig up fossils to throw in the museum with other bugs, fish, and paintings.......pretty fun

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.