Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so whenever i pull away from a dead stop (1st gear) and even sometimes when i shift into second my car squeks, almost like the tires a slightly chirping. i know its not the tires for sure though because it even does it when i accelerate normally. the noise seems to be coming from the passenger side tire area. anyone have this problem or know what it may be?

·
Registered
152 Posts
hmmm...

904lude said:
so whenever i pull away from a dead stop (1st gear) and even sometimes when i shift into second my car squeks, almost like the tires a slightly chirping. i know its not the tires for sure though because it even does it when i accelerate normally. the noise seems to be coming from the passenger side tire area. anyone have this problem or know what it may be?
maybe you ran over a squirrell and hes mad at you, so hes squeeking for you to stop??? :p .... but on a more serious note, are you lowered on springs or coil overs, because if it is only happening when your accelarating, even at a normal rate, i think its because the springs are squeaking perhaps.... :number1

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm? ya im lowered (RS*R) but they have been on the car for a good year or so and the noise just started about a month ago. if it were the springs what would solve this? some silicone spray? adjusting my AGX shocks softer or stiffer?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i also have another noise issue, so i figured instead of making a new thread to just ask on this one. this one is SUPER annoying! its sorta a rattle but sorta a grinding (its hard to describe). it started after i put my header and exhaust on and does it at around 2k-3k under certain percent throttle? it also does it when i turn? i thought it was my exhaust rubbing my heat sheild some place but i looked and nothing is rubbing.

the only thing it think it could be.... bare with me... IS, i have a greddy header and the mounting plate that mounts right above the oil pan doesnt reach so i never connected it, is there suppost to be a seperate plate that connects the bracket to my block because it doesnt seem like it would reach even if i forced it? if there is suppost to be a mounting plate that fills the gap from the bracket to the block (above the oil pan) then i never got it.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
I would inspect the front passenger area....the noises could be coming from the spring/mount area on the top side....or the front sway bar end link bushing on the passenger side could be squeeking (this is the most likely cause). I would loosen it up if the bushing looks ok.....and retighten the bushing back down...make sure to use two wrenches when tightening and loosening the endlink on the sway bar.

If the bushing is shot.....replace the endlink bushings.

The header very well could be the cause of the other noise under the car.....I would disconnect the cat convertor.....and loosen the header bolts a little on the header to downpipe connection (if you can). The shift the header around and try and get the mounting plate to align with the mounting holes. Bolt it up loosely.....then undo the rubber hangers for the cat....and just thread all the nuts on the cat/downpipe together....while keeping everything loose....try and position everything in a good position before connecting the hangers and tightening everything down.

Good luck!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.