Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

my buddy and I are working on his custom turbo kit. neither he or me has experience with this nor are we mechanics but we did read many articles regarding turbo kits. for welding & stuff we will hire a welding expert.

he has a B16A2 and his goal is 250 to 300 HP at the crank.

what we have already:
- new KKK K26 turbo
- new BMW intercooler
click here for images
- used GSR pistons (1,8 vti)
- B16 SS flange
- oem lightened flywheel

what we intend to get:
- custom SS exhaust manifold
- custom IC piping
- custom exhaust 2,5"
- tial 38 mm 8 psi wastegate
- 440cc injectors
- blitz or hks blow off valve
- oil cooler kit
- a/f, fuel pressure, boost gauges
- greddy profec b II boost controller
- blitz turbo timer
- hondata s200
- clutchnet street friction disk

do we need anything else / is there something we don't need?

if we get hondata is there still a need for a missing link or similar for the map sensor?
how do you know which is the oil feed and which is the oil drain plug on the turbo? one is bigger and one is smaller. does the oil feed plug have to be exactly on the top and the drain plug exactly on the bottom? is it possible to turn the compressor side the way you like? how do you do it?

thanks to you all.

·
Registered
35 Posts
the feed line to your turbo should have threads on it when you buy it( at least my did and i am sure they all do) and for the oil return it is square, you have to buy an oil return flange and gasket(once again not sure on yours but on mine i did)make sure it is facing down, you might have to clock the turbo to get everything to line up. As for the honda s200 I thought it came with a 3bar gm map sensor. Good luck on the custom install, When I did mine I knew nothing about turbos and i got on the internet every night for three hours for 2 months. There is certain thing you have to do first other wise you will end up removing everything you did just to get to one part. Its not hard.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey, thanks!

glad to hear there are people like me without experience building their own kits.
how is it working for you now? did you have any problems?

I have one more question: do I need a FPR with hondata or is it enough to have 440cc injectors and fuel pump? tnx

·
Registered
35 Posts
yes, well for starters when I installed theb turbo I could not get it to clear the block, after 2 hours of hacking the block, still no luck. I had to buy a manifold flange and use it as a spacer, after that I had problems with the air intake. I had to drive with dryer vent hosen until I had time to build one, but other than that. After this install I believe I could install pre-fabed kit in no time. In the end it was all worth, dont rush the install take your time and do everything right the first time it will catch up to you in the end. As far as the fpr I am not sure on that, I have one. As far as bigger injectors you will need them but that will depend on your hp goals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts