Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 93 civic ex with 142k miles on it. its a good car but i am a little worried . I run it pretty hard sometimes but most times i cruise. if i keep running it hard at time will i loose power? And will i waste time if i put on bolt-ons? Help me out :confused

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
K-DUB34 said:
I just got a 93 civic ex with 142k miles on it. its a good car but i am a little worried . I run it pretty hard sometimes but most times i cruise. if i keep running it hard at time will i loose power? And will i waste time if i put on bolt-ons? Help me out :confused
its ok to run it hard SOME of the time. but obviously if you do it all the time something is bound to break. no you shouldnt lose any power. bolt ons sound cool, but will not yield much power. figure you spend about a grand on decent bolt ons (i/h/e) and you gain (+/-)10whp, is that worth it to you? they arent hard bolt ons. wouldnt take much time. but if you were to get greddys most basic bolt on turbo kit for like 1600 i think, that would yield like +50whp. but that depends on the condition of your engin, and again, it isnt that hard to bolt on.

·
Registered
244 Posts
hey ksniperfox what did you do to ur car fist my car that i just bought (94 ex with si tranny) also has an intake and flowmaster exhaust im gonna replace the exahust with an apexi n1 or simirlar would it be worth it the car has a rebulilt motor with 188k on the oddometer, i have the money to get a decent greddy turbo but im worried if i boost it to much will i kill my car with such high miles?

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
carbonlip said:
hey ksniperfox what did you do to ur car fist my car that i just bought (94 ex with si tranny) also has an intake and flowmaster exhaust im gonna replace the exahust with an apexi n1 or simirlar would it be worth it the car has a rebulilt motor with 188k on the oddometer, i have the money to get a decent greddy turbo but im worried if i boost it to much will i kill my car with such high miles?
it is best to not worry about boost until you know enough about it to answer your own questions...

but first, i did intake/header on mine, and a powder coated gray valve cover ;) cause it looks teh coolest lol. after that i lowered it w/ some coilovers, front/rear sway bars and front/rear strut tower braces.
then i opted to go turbo and put my old intake on my daily driver. i dont really feel like going through the trouble to put the old header on a d15. seems pointless. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.