Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

another one bites the dust!

1K views 26 replies 19 participants last post by  b16civic_si 
#1 ·
This is the second time it happened to me. The first time everything was replaced by the insurance company, however, this time they took the engine alone with misc item. I hope that the insurance company will issue me a check instead of fixing up my baby. I am so fed up and tired of this $hit that I just have to let go.

I just test drive the wrx today, it definitely has more speed, but the gear box is so crunchy, and the thing is that im not too sure about the theft rate!

See less See more
#2 ·
nd4speed said:
This is the second time it happened to me. The first time everything was replaced by the insurance company, however, this time they took the engine alone with misc item. I hope that the insurance company will issue me a check instead of fixing up my baby. I am so fed up and tired of this $hit that I just have to let go.

I just test drive the wrx today, it definitely has more speed, but the gear box is so crunchy, and the thing is that im not too sure about the theft rate!
I think the Insurance company will just cut you a cheque for this one. Theres not much left.

No matter what you drive, someone else will want it or want something on it. The best thing to do today is have good insurance. Chances are someone will steal it or trash it someday.

Sorry to hear pal.

#3 ·
Walking up to the car, I was thinking to myself that this may not be too bad. the previous time it got stolen it looked much worst from the outside. the body this time came away with only a few minor bruises, however when i popped the hood, the engine bay was emptied. i had the autolock and the factory alarm. damn b*ches!!! :mad

#8 ·
nd4speed said:
Walking up to the car, I was thinking to myself that this may not be too bad. the previous time it got stolen it looked much worst from the outside. the body this time came away with only a few minor bruises, however when i popped the hood, the engine bay was emptied. i had the autolock and the factory alarm. damn b*ches!!! :mad
Any updates yet. What is the insurance company going to do????

#9 ·
OUCH!....sorry to hear this bro...

Man, damn motherfuckers who have nothing better to do but steal our Hondas :bh

Where did this happen, any idea how the entry was done?

Well i guess time will tell, man that sucks...

I feel ur pain...Take it easy :noo

#10 ·
sux man. at least you're ready to move on. its not worth fixing over and over just to have it stolen again. from looking at the pics its not as bad as i thought. they still left plenty of stuff (lights/tails/air bag/motor mounts/body parts/etc).

#12 ·
I feel your pain, but mine wasn't as bad (95 Si HB). I would get the WRX STI. If anything happens to my baby, I think I am going to aim for an acura or Lincoln.

Keep us posted on what way you go!!1 Good luck.

#13 ·
BennySiR said:
Any updates yet. What is the insurance company going to do????

well guys, here is an update, i talked to the gal who was handling the case (my orginal assessor had jury duty, go figure) and she told me over the phone that the car was a total loss. i mean she didnt even go look at the car, i just told her over the phone of the damages and she got a tow truck to tow the car to their salvage yard the next day.

at this point i am driving a rental 2005 cavalier with no frills (no power windows and locks), this cost me nothing cause the insurance is covering 30 dollars a day for me

Johnny Tran, unlike you i am moving to the dark side, getting away from the honda family (by the way, nice car especially with your suspension setup). i thinking of getting the wrx even though with my first test drive i wasnt all too thrilled about it

thank you guys for all your support!

#14 ·
We had 11 cars get broken into in one night at my house (steal the sound systems). Thank god my car was not at my house. They never caught the ppl. Where I live if u take ur car to the movies there is a good chace it will get broken into. Well look at it this way it is a chance for a new begining. Hope everything works out.

#15 ·
wow, thats crazy, 11 cars in one night,
they took my stereo and speakers also, i actually went back to the impound to get my speakers, i thought they didnt take it out cause i saw the stock covers on the doors, low and behold after i popped the covers off the speakers were gone, even the back ones too, they took those from the trunk, cutting a hole underneath.

once i get more info ill posted, i wondering how much insurance will give me

#16 ·
Man, that hurts, i guess you can take some comfort knowing it wasn't a preschool hack job. whoever did it had some real experience behind them. i didn't see many cut wires or broken panels, everything's been neatly unbolted and closed back off. Hope the insurance goes well. make sure the get you at least the replacement value of the vehicle.

#18 ·
Biggentplayer said:
We had 11 cars get broken into in one night at my house (steal the sound systems). Thank god my car was not at my house. They never caught the ppl. Where I live if u take ur car to the movies there is a good chace it will get broken into. Well look at it this way it is a chance for a new begining. Hope everything works out.

that sounds like what happened to my friend who lives in NC. he got his accord broken into and they took his system and 400 CD's.

#21 ·
fuco8210 said:
Where was the car when it got broken into? I mean you cant steal all that shit in 15 minutes. just wondering
The car was parked in a main street in jersey city nj, right by newport mall. it was stolen the night we had the big snowstorm where they know that nobody will be out. i had the autolock on the clutch and they still got to it.

#23 ·
THIEVES SUCK MUCHO!!!!!!!! I had some thieves trying to steal my radio. Good thing was my alarm sounded so it scared them away. DAMN THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck with insurance.

P.S: At least they left the taillights.

#24 ·
sorry to hear about your loss man that shit sucks very nice car to definitely wasnt kids that did that job hopefully your insurance company will take care of you good luck with the wrx man hope it treats you good.also can you buy the shell back from the insurance company if so im sure you could sell it for more i would be interested in buying it if you do it looks like it could be put back together otherwise the insurance company will just crush it that would be a damn shame man.

#25 ·
Damn dude, its hard for me to keep breathing and look at these pictures. im hurt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.