Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i seems to have like a fuel cut around 4500rpms or so. it hits full boost then kinda hits a wall. not really to sure on what it could be. could it be plugs. these were run with nitrous a few times. the nitrous kit had a mess up an made the motor run rich. could it be bad plugs??? im running 1 step colder. maybe i should get some new ones? i have a set of normal heat range new.

·
Registered
349 Posts
It would look like your tune....seriously, I cannot imagine anything else...

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
DrivinVtec said:
i found it..it was the plug gap. it was stock. .40 i redid it to .28 an ran awsome..but then fucked up later down the road. im pretty sure i just need new plugs
I'm pretty sure you better get it to a dyno because it will end up blown. Your (so called chip burner guy) isn't going to pay for you to get a freakin new engine. You think he did this, you think he did that, you're pretty sure your injectors are setup correctly, be smart don't want to see it blown.

Don't be doing wot pulls just because people want to see how fast it is. It's as fast as a lude on 7-8psi, that's all there is to it. Tune it, tune it, tune it.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
preludedriver99 said:
I'm pretty sure you better get it to a dyno because it will end up blown. Your (so called chip burner guy) isn't going to pay for you to get a freakin new engine. You think he did this, you think he did that, you're pretty sure your injectors are setup correctly, be smart don't want to see it blown.

Don't be doing wot pulls just because people want to see how fast it is. It's as fast as a lude on 7-8psi, that's all there is to it. Tune it, tune it, tune it.
I concur... I'd be babying the shit out of that car right now. Don't you need to break in turbos anyway? I thought you had to break them in like a new motor/transmission... maybe I'm wrong.

~Peace

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
IHIPrelude94 said:
I concur... I'd be babying the shit out of that car right now. Don't you need to break in turbos anyway? I thought you had to break them in like a new motor/transmission... maybe I'm wrong.

~Peace
No I think you're pretty right. They're like any other machine/engine. Brand new you just don't beat the piss out of it unless you want a blown engine like me the 4th or 5th time I sprayed. I didn't even go to a dyno, can't believe how stupid I was then. You saw what showing off got me, this car has to much time and money for drivin to blow it. Ringlands, ringlands, ringlands, (can't remember if you have stock pistons or not), but if you do I'm telling you go to a dyno

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
preludedriver99 said:
No I think you're pretty right. They're like any other machine/engine. Brand new you just don't beat the piss out of it unless you want a blown engine like me the 4th or 5th time I sprayed. I didn't even go to a dyno, can't believe how stupid I then. You saw what showing off got me, this car has to much time and money for drivin to blow it. Ringlands, ringlands, ringlands, (can't remember if you have stock pistons or not), but if you do I'm telling you go to a dyno
Cool, so I'm not just talking out of my ass... :lmao

Yeah, definately get it to a dyno. Until then, baby that thing. If anyone asks how fast it is, the conversation should go like this

Fanboy: "How fast is it?"
You: "Too fast..."
FanboyL: "Sweet! Can you show me?"
You: "Nah dude, it's so fast you can't even see the shit..."

:number1

~Peace

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
IHIPrelude94 said:
Cool, so I'm not just talking out of my ass... :lmao

Yeah, definately get it to a dyno. Until then, baby that thing. If anyone asks how fast it is, the conversation should go like this

Fanboy: "How fast is it?"
You: "Too fast..."
FanboyL: "Sweet! Can you show me?"
You: "Nah dude, it's so fast you can't even see the shit..."

:number1

~Peace
:hehe

im trying to get it up on the wide band this weekend. I dont do alot of wot pulls. i keep it under vtec also. Im keepin a close eye on it.

·
Registered
699 Posts
sounds like plugs to me, then tune isnt going to limit your revving abilities.

try a .30 gap with NGK vpower plugs. In all honesty, you are prolly running rich as hell and the plug gap was too big and the turbo was blowing out the spark.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.