Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
obviously i didnt listen to anyone telling me not to buy their manifold. and went ahead and purchased it anyway with the idea of bracing it. after i installed the manifold i was too lazy to brace it and today when i put my rebuilt turbo on i noticed it had cracked in not one but four different places.
needless to say i am going to get a fullrace manifold this time. but there goes 200 dollars i could have used towards buying a better manifold

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
i hope all the noobs read your post and learn from other people mistakes.
sorry that happend to you man, i know you've had problems with the turbo blowing up and what not. did you find a place to rebuild it for you?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i rebuilt it myself my car is up and running again. all i need is a wideband and a good tune and im ready for some suspension and exterior mods

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
egvtec said:
i rebuilt it myself my car is up and running again. all i need is a wideband and a good tune and im ready for some suspension and exterior mods
Sorry to hear about the setback.........SS sucks ass and they really need to work on quality control.
BTW what kind of mani are u sporting now?

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Sory to hear man. You were just saying a month or so ago about yours holding up fine

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
itr206 said:
Sory to hear man. You were just saying a month or so ago about yours holding up fine
I remember that thread too........ i would laugh but i like egvtec....he seems like a cool guy. Im glad u learned ur lesson tho.....i also learned mine on a cheap ass FPR then i took itr206's advice and went with the AEM.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
ive been lucky enuff to see some of their products in person. And they truly are junk . Just some thinwall tin welded together. I know it sucks to spend more money, but i rather spend the money once. Atleast it lasted you as long as it did. I guess there is an upside to it.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
itr206 said:
famous last words lol! i dont have a new mani yet but im workiong on that. for now he ss will do with some new welds. i shoulda braced it....

·
Registered
27 Posts
How much trouble am I in?

Hey Guys .I was all excited about the new turbo and manifold on it's way... now a bit nervous. First time turboer I bought the one from SS... How much trouble am I in? Cracks? any advise? not buying it is not an option its on its way here.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
1loCivic said:
not buying it is not an option its on its way here.
you can return it for a refund or sell it to someone else for a bit less than you paid.

·
Registered
27 Posts
SS says they have a lifetime warranty on the turbos.. Is it just the Mani. or is it the turbos too? I read on a few other posts that welding a brace to it help and the cracks are because of the weight. If its braced and run a low boost am I still really going to have that many problems? Also I'd run a turbo timer for as long as needed to ensure proper cool down.. If you cant tell Im stretching for some hope here... :confused

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
1loCivic said:
SS says they have a lifetime warranty on the turbos.. Is it just the Mani. or is it the turbos too? I read on a few other posts that welding a brace to it help and the cracks are because of the weight. If its braced and run a low boost am I still really going to have that many problems? Also I'd run a turbo timer for as long as needed to ensure proper cool down.. If you cant tell Im stretching for some hope here... :confused
Its kind of like a hit or miss with SS, there are some members of this board that have been using their product for some time now with no adverse effects, but it seems like the majority of their customers on this board concur that the products lack quality. If i were u i would sell it to someone or weld braces to the mani and check the turbo b4 installation and make sure u tighten the bolts on the turbo yourself.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Like my father always said. "Do it right the first time and you wont have to do it again." ;)

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
iuts not the mani you weld braces too cause it will cause the strees to go to other areas. you should brace the turbo to the block and if there is no weight on the manifold then it cant crack.... im going to brace mine untill i buy a new manifold

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks. I checked some pics of a brace from a previous post and it seems easy enough. I appreciate the input. my fingers are crossed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts