Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

another ticket! corrupted cops

2K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  slow azz accord 
#1 ·
man... this is bullshit. after i went to my court arraignment for my "speed contest" ticket yesterday, i received another ticket at 12:30am for speeding & my exhaust today.

i was driving down a small street in alhambra from visiting my homie girl & came to a 4 way stop. i stopped and drove down the block a little & i noticed the "police vechile" headlights behind me so i slowed down. as soon as my speed decreased about 5mph under the limit. the officer pulled me over & gave me a ticket for my modified exhaust & speeding. the exhaust is minor, so whatevers... but the fucked up thing is, i never broke the freakin limit. he doesn't even have me on the radar gun. damn 626 asshole officers don't have anything better to do but harass people in fixed up cars.

i need advice. i want to contest it, but should i? because he doesn't have me on radar. he has no proof i broke the limit. after this, im going back to stock... haha!

here are the codes & sections:
22350 c.v.c unsafe speed
27151 c.v.c modified exhaust

thanx!

See less See more
#4 ·
You see i dont know how to fight this kinda shit....it seems that fighting this shit is more hassel than if you go along with it...
and cops can write you up for any section they wish and argue that thats the way they interpreted it or something...even though it maybe a total bullshit...proving that it is is soooo much trouble
all they are doing is getting you into trouble...fix it tickets are there to annoy you and bother..they are just trying to piss us off....cops are total morons

Basic Speed Law (damn right it is basic--there are soo many ways to interprete this shit....)

22350. No person shall drive a vehicle upon a highway at a speed greater than is reasonable or prudent having due regard for weather, visibility, the traffic on, and the surface and width of, the highway, and in no event at a speed which endangers the safety of persons or property.

here is lotsa bullshit about exhausts...

VC 27151 Modification of Exhaust Systems

27151. No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle
in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the
motor of such vehicle so that the vehicle is not in compliance with the
provisions of Section 27150 or exceeds the noise limits established for
the type of vehicle in Article 2.5 (commencing with Section 27200) of
this chapter. No person shall operate a motor vehicle with an exhaust
system so modified.

(Amended by Stats. 1980, Ch. 382, Sec. 1.)

VC 27150 Adequate Muffler Requirement

27150. (a) Every motor vehicle subject to registration shall at
all times be equipped with an adequate muffler in constant operation
and properly maintained to prevent any excessive or unusual noise, and
no muffler or exhaust system shall be equipped with a cutout, bypass,
or similar device.

(b) Except as provided in Division 16.5 (commencing with Section
38000) with respect to off-highway motor vehicles subject to
identification, every passenger vehicle operated off the highways shall
at all times be equipped with an adequate muffler in constant operation
and properly maintained so as to meet the requirements of Article 2.5
(commencing with Section 27200), and no muffler or exhaust system shall
be equipped with a cutout, bypass, or similar device.

(c) The provisions of subdivision (b) shall not be applicable to
passenger vehicles being operated off the highways in an organized
racing or competitive event conducted under the auspices of a
recognized sanctioning body or by permit issued by the local
governmental authority having jurisdiction.

you can always check CHP web cite:
http://www.chp.ca.gov
also check this site out...you might find something that will help you there:
http://www.ticketassassin.com/

#5 ·
where in alhambra? or was it in MPk? the mpk cops are stingy. i got pulled over for tinted windows. but the deal is that the tint came with the car that i bought. so its liek wtf? this is some BS. and i was warned for unsafe speeds. but it was a corner and they can't judge my speed going out of a corner. they were stopped @ the stop sign and i stopped too. they u-turned and pulled me over. wat BS. i'm gonna go contest it. it was @ 11 PM too. they thought i was drunk but i showed them i was pretty aware of wat was going on.

#6 ·
i don't really care about the exhaust.. its minor.... the speeding ticket on the other hand is 1 point & 100$+

i had to go to court 3 times in order to contest my other ticket for "speed contest". they make it such a hassle for you so that you get fed up w/ the bullshit & just pay the damn fine.

if i fight the speeding ticket... it's my word against his. all i have to use in my defense is the radar gun. my chances are really slim.

#7 ·
wat about the radar gun? if he doesn't have you on radar den he doesn't have a case. if he doesnt' show you the radar den he shouldn't have a case. i'm not sure about the showing you part. but he is suppose to be able to show you the gun w/ the spped you were going at. but don't let them bully you around. and don't give them attitude. be helpful and they might let you off the hook.

#8 ·
Damn, I know how you feel mang!!! Alhambra and MPK cops are bunch of bitches. I got pulled over the other day by a chp for my exhaust... and I am gonna have to switch back to stock... anyways... i say you contest that shit.... but if they didn't provide evidence.... you shouldn't sign the damn ticket!!!

#9 ·
actually i read couple of days ago on some web cite that by law cops dont have to show you the radar reading although i think it has to be calibrated once in a while ...you could ask him when was the last time and if they cannot come up with right paperwork, you already won...just find out more about it

#12 ·
mods

Dude, you got it good in Cali.

Right now (Due to a rash of recent accidents) The RCMP
have declared 0 tolerance. Even tinted windows! It's outrageous!!! They're towing any vehicle they see with anything!!
I'm scared to take my car out.

Check this local news story out.
They twisted a local guy's story around to sensationalize it for the general public. The reporter told him the story was to make import owners look good. Requested he demonstrate a race, etc.

http://www.ayeu.com/n2o4u/images/cbc_racing.wmv

#16 ·
sohcmydohc said:
fuck the cops
hope you get everything squared out
i live in cerritos and its the same ol bullshit here
peace
oh damm! i hope you don't run into "Wolf" that guy sa totall asshole!

You know what's really funny, is they're towing cars, if it's fixed up. I don't think that'll work here in Cali since almost every cop car here has a engine transplant. If you goto the arcadia police and take a look at their cars, some of them are pushing 600+hp!

#18 ·
the problem with cops is...they know the law better than we do and they know little tricks that are harmless to them but will get us into lotsa trouble...i mean they will write you for some total bs...and now you have to either pay the fine or try fight it and not many of us want to go through all this court trouble
although you migth have a good chance of winning, not many of us wanna go through all the trouble...

#19 ·
my thing is to always fight the ticket if you feel you have a strong case. Just the other day a cop pulled me over for speeding, tailgating, not signaling, not having a front license plate, and not having my insurance papers on me.

this happened a few weeks ago at 8:30 in the morning going west on the 10 freeway going up the hill near CalPoly. If you guys know that place at 8:30am, it's traffic like a mother fucker every morning. so the cop pulls me over cuz i'm pretty much passing everyone else (mostly big rigs in the right lane and a lot of other slower traffic) doing a modest speed of 50mph. he told me i was following too close...WELL SHIT!!! what are you supposed to do in traffic? besides, he was following my ass so close, if i tried to back off, he woulda hit me. so i see his lights and i start moving to the shoulder but i didn't signal, so whatever, he got me there....the front plate was ripped off from an accident, which was clearly evident, but he still cited me for that, and the insurance papers i just neglected to have in my car. so i'm gonna go fight it just cuz the cop was a dick and he'll probably not even show up (a sure win). He tried to get me for not having my seatbelt on cuz i took it off when he asked me for my license and i had to reach in the back to grab it. what an asshole, he even watched me take it off.

#20 ·
Man from what i hear they say the judge and cops got this "language" that either way they'll make you pay for it, buT! i always get a TRAFFIC LAwyer, and each time i got all my tickets dismissed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.