Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'll start off by saying I did search this topic and found some really good info but I'm stuck on a minute detail. I attemped to lubricate my window tracts today but I couldn't figure out how to take the total door panel off. I had everything off and disconnected but the Hayes car manuel didn't make sense. Either that or it was operator error perhaps. I'd appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction or show me the link on where to get some help. Thanks. :confused

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
once you get everything unplugged and all the parts and screws off they just pop off you might need a door panel popper tool or you can use a large flathead screwdriver id get the tool makes it easier there are small plastic pop in style plugs on the back of the door panel once everything is off just put the door panel popper or screwdriver between door panel and door and pry out it should pop out keep going around the door till you get them all popped off then just raise the door panel up and off the door not that hard after you do it the first time good luck guys hope this helps thx ray.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a bit more info

Thanks for the reply, I was able to get that whole door panel off yesterday. I was at the point where the water-proof plastic is exposed. From there I couldn't figure out how to gain access to the window track. I was able to apply some lubricant to the bottom section that I could reach with my finger though. Also, is there a particular type of silicone spay that I should use. I couldn't find any at Autozone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts