Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fits pretty well and the flange bolts perfectly well with the stock piping.
Comes with a hanger already attached to the can, there is an option of welding additional one if reqd, I got that done..

It comes with an option of adjusting backpressure/loudness..
either you can keep the silencer insert inside the muffler or remove it, can be done very quickly by means of a single allen screw.
The sound can be further adjusted if the insert is kept in the muffler..there are a pair of allen screws which open up a set of 2 apertures on the side of the main exhaust hole...so by adjusting these 2 screws on the the silencer the 2 apertures open larger or smaller to incerease or decrease the sound...the diameter of the main exhaust exit does not get altered ..just these 2 additional apertures get adjusted...

with the silencer removed it gets quite loud.. but it feels pretty good on the freeway, back pressure is pretty low... with the silncer inserted and apertures opened full its decent enough for city driving...and with everything closed its closer to to stock...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CivicInspired said:
is the silencer real noticable??? does it fit inside the canister or at the tip???
The silencer is noticable as it covers the entire open end of cannister, it can be seen clearly from a distance when the silencer is bolted on.

The silencer's end cap bolts to the rim near the tip of the cannister and the elongated part goes right into the cannister..

I think I will post some pics to clear this..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ANSA silverline - PIX added

side view

from the back

insertable silencer

silencer bolted on, the size of apertures around the centre hole are adjustable, displayed below as fully open

the apertures fully closed,nearly as quiet as a stock exhaust

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.