Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a 96 civic and bought a new antenna, because the one on there is all bent. And I tried to take it out but it didnt come out. So I got the Haynes for my car, 92-95, and it says to disconnect the cable from the back of the radio, tie a string to the end, pull it though, than tie the string to the new cable, feed it back through, done. Well, the new antenna cable on his is definatly not long enough to reach the back of the radio. So maybe there is a half way point? And I cant find where the wire runs. I can hear it when he moves it, sounds like its behind the black material against the firewall. It started getting dark(damn day light savings) and I didnt feel like pulling it apart. Since I have never done this I didnt want to get involved and get messed up and be all ass backwards in the dark. Any info is good info, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Civac said:
My friend has a 96 civic and bought a new antenna, because the one on there is all bent. And I tried to take it out but it didnt come out. So I got the Haynes for my car, 92-95, and it says to disconnect the cable from the back of the radio, tie a string to the end, pull it though, than tie the string to the new cable, feed it back through, done. Well, the new antenna cable on his is definatly not long enough to reach the back of the radio. So maybe there is a half way point? And I cant find where the wire runs. I can hear it when he moves it, sounds like its behind the black material against the firewall. It started getting dark(damn day light savings) and I didnt feel like pulling it apart. Since I have never done this I didnt want to get involved and get messed up and be all ass backwards in the dark. Any info is good info, thanks for the help.
is the cable hard-wired to the antenna? if its soldered you can just undo that and re-solder it to the new one... no point in fishing all that shit.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, the new antenna has a long shaft that runs down in side the pillar, its what the antenna goes in when you push it in. And the cable runs along side the shaft(and its like taped to it), than there is like a foot of cable after the shaft that needs to connect somewhere.

In the Haynes book for my 95 civic says that the cable goes all the way to the back of the radio. The new one for my friends 96 civic will not reach the back of the radio. On the end of the cable from the new antenna has a connector on it that looks like it would plug into the back of the radio. My guess is that it will have like an extension from like the steering column to the back of the radio. But I dont know where the cable runs after the pillar. {yeaa, my new rim just got here!!!!!anyways} I can hear it when my friend moves the antenna, but I cant see it. Anyone know where the cable runs?

·
Registered
312 Posts
organiz3d_chaos said:
check around behind or by the fuse box.... im not sure but i think it may be around there
yeah somewhere along there.... but the hole through is probably covered by dash or maybe sound deadening. Get a flashlight and have your buddy wiggle the old one around some.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
i was screwing around with my alarm today and i saw were it is.... just take the that piece of your dash off.... under the steering wheel... its like 3 screws and 2 clips... and it right next to the fuse box.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts