Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering is going for 2.25" exhaust piping on a B18C civic (euro 1.8vti) with a K&N to big if ur planning to keep the car near enough stock. Was gonna get supersprint exhaust but this uses standard size piping so i can't see how it will produce a big improvement. At the moment thinking about getting a magnaflow universal backbox with custom 2.25 piping. Also wondering how would 2.25 piping connect to the cat which is standard size and if it can connect does this not create a bottleneck having a standard manifold and cat but larger cat back piping hencing making it pointless get 2.25" piping over stock

·
Registered
187 Posts
it makes the worlds difference for me, but i also had to put a OBX header on my car(the flange was way too small) i have a 92 CX so everything on or around my engine is TINY. with the header tho it still only costed $450. thats a whole lot cheaper that most of those nice catbacks and this prolly works better.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the advise, thinking about the dc sports or obx header in that case. Problem with having a euro only civic is i don't know exactly which header or cat i should get as these don't come for my car. If i get ones for a teg gsr or type r hopefully they should fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.