Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok now i'm started to get paraniod now. First my brother's car gets stolen (RabiDIntegrA) back last year on April fools, then his car gets broken into a few months later, then my friend's CTR hatch gets stolen, but he got it back, and my brother and my friend live within a block from each other, just me and my brother stay in apartments, basically a car thief's shopping mall. So I was wondering what i could do to slow down the thieves or prevent it, so far this is what i thought of:

Better alarm (mayber a viper pager alarm with its own batterty)
Foot club
Kill switch, one for the fuel and one for the starter

anyone else got any better suggestions? I won't bother me as much if they broke into my car, just if they stole it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
what you have is about as good as it can get next to a garage. dont show of your stuff, I.E. blasting your beat while pulling up to park at home, Most car thieves are poeple that know what you have in you car, that is why they are after your car. oh yeah get a bunch of guns and stuff and a sign that say beware of owner.

its funny where i live they stole my $300 cutlass just to get 2 15'' super blues but my $3000 dollar civic that has a push button start just sits there with the doors unlocked.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
the new honda tuning discusses this, they say to do these things

1.get a back up battery for your alarm
2.on the battery leads change it to allen heads or a less common bolt.
3. instal the horn for the alarm in the car under the dash board but not near the igniton or steering coloum
4. instal a kill start alarm to something other then the ignition, i.e. fuel pump.
5 pick up the mag i forgot what else but those were all good things.

the article was like for pages long about how they why they steal and where they steal ( unfortunatly apartment communities)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i know i have that issue. my brother just bought it yesterday I think. THat is an interesting article, just one thing bothers me, this june, i'm going to school in Phoenix Arizona. they said in that article that alot of cars are stolen there too, next to cali.

·
Registered
143 Posts
if u dont care about unplugging your distributer every night do that, if someone trys to steal it i don't think they will stick around and pop the hood to find out whats wrong when it doesn't start. its not hte best thing to do , but it works

·
Registered
645 Posts
i've thought about relocating my fuel pump or starter solenoid fuse to somewhere hidden but where i can get to it and just take it with me when i park in the city or something. losing the fuse would fuckin suck though. I'm not too worried about it cause i live in western nc where nothin really goes on, but if it did happen i'd probly stay up crying for days. i just love my rex.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
1995SI said:
if u dont care about unplugging your distributer every night do that, if someone trys to steal it i don't think they will stick around and pop the hood to find out whats wrong when it doesn't start. its not hte best thing to do , but it works

That was going to be my suggestion. They def wont be taking your car anywhere with out the dizzy hooked up..... I doubt any thief would pop the hood, trouble shoot, and then get back in and go. Especially if you have an alarm blaring.

·
Registered
59 Posts
One thing that I have noticed with a couple vehicles that I have looked at including a crx is that there are either scrapes or a hole around the door handle. Is it simple to get into a rex by doing that?

·
Registered
302 Posts
invest in a shotgun and sleep in your car :D
no but i live up in flag, what part of phx u moving to? what school are you gonna go to? my bro lived down there for a while (while he was going to AAI), on glendale ave not too far from i-17. sometimes i stayed with him upwards of a month at a time, and we saw a few attemted thefts. one of them, the guy tried the door and the alarm sounded, scared him right off. ppl have tried to break into my brothers truck multiple times (probly for the system), but nobody ever got in, and theres nothing too special about it, just a stock 92 nissan pickup. someone mentioned the deadbolt solenoids, and i strongly agree. that combined with starter killswitch and fuel pump kill switch should keep the majority of phx thieves out of your car. also, id suggest getting an alarm that would page you too, that will also give you a heads up that anything happened, which could possibly prevent a hit 'n run. if you find one, get one of them things that bolt up to your wheel and keeps it there :D cant think of the name right now but i bet that would be pretty effective lol

oh yea, and i dont know anyone who's ever used lojack, but maybe if you can afford it get it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
THe School i'm going to is off of Old Indian road i think, I don't remember when i went there, i'm going to High Tech Institute. Yea i think i'll get a kill switch for the fuel and ignition, an auto lock and a pager alarm. What pager alarms do you suggest?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts