Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the new flyer for the 2006 S2000 and it says that it has some gay um...traction control anti oversteer shit, to me this would be "VDC" "Vehicle Directional Control" since I work for nissan which sucks :td However I know on G35 Coupes and sedans etc you can turn the VDC off which does allow you to get sideways but not quite how you could if that gay shit wasn't there in the first place. I just want to be 100% positive that the S2000 hasn't become a bastardized POS that won't get sideways and stay sideways and won't do a burnout because then I just wouldn't want one.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
um.... I dont know about any of that... haven't read up much on the 2006 models.

but if you're really that concerned... why not just buy an 04 or 05?

·
Registered
8,882 Posts
I havnt driven one but I do know their is an on/off button for the VDC and when it is off it is off. The VDC also will not stop the car from doing a burnout or breaking sideways cuz I have seen an 06 do a big ass burnout and break it sideways in front of me in an intersection so I would guess that when it is off it is off completely

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Test drove an 06 yesterday and elft the traction control/vehicle control on and the car began to get sideways 1 or 2x so I might just try and get one. I want an 06 because theres a pretty good deal going on them for a lease and then into a buy.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
CRVTEC0WNZJ00 said:
Test drove an 06 yesterday and elft the traction control/vehicle control on and the car began to get sideways 1 or 2x so I might just try and get one. I want an 06 because theres a pretty good deal going on them for a lease and then into a buy.
^ good choice

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Im wondering how that electronic throttle feels, the one in my pathfinder reaaally sucks, throttle response is total shit

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Boski said:
its good...real good

Nice to hear, have you test drived it ?

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I drove it and it drives better than any nissan piece of shit, including the 350z and the G35, I've driven both hundreds of times as I work at Nissan and worked at Infiniti

·
Registered
3 Posts
Drive by wire is the best!! Also you can get sideways.. My wife is a sales manager for a Honda dealership so before I bought, I tested and played.. it did piss her off... She has been selling Hondas for five years and this is the year we decided to buy the S..

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Darkwagoner said:
Drive by wire is the best!! Also you can get sideways.. My wife is a sales manager for a Honda dealership so before I bought, I tested and played.. it did piss her off... She has been selling Hondas for five years and this is the year we decided to buy the S..

Congratulations, any pics ?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
CRVTEC0WNZJ00 said:
I drove it and it drives better than any nissan piece of shit, including the 350z and the G35, I've driven both hundreds of times as I work at Nissan and worked at Infiniti

Honda > Nissan

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
CRVTEC0WNZJ00 said:

yeah I test drove both of those when I was buying my S...... needless to say, you can see which one I thought was better. it just felt tighter, and more connected than either of those cars.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Clone said:
yeah I test drove both of those when I was buying my S...... needless to say, you can see which one I thought was better. it just felt tighter, and more connected than either of those cars.
Idem

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
CRVTEC0WNZJ00 said:
I've now had my 2006 S2000 in Laguna Blue Pearl with black leather and black top for 1 and 1/2 days. I love it.
Pics or death

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
CRVTEC0WNZJ00 said:
I've now had my 2006 S2000 in Laguna Blue Pearl with black leather and black top for 1 and 1/2 days. I love it.

hell yeah, sick ride... I wanna see the interior on that bitch... pics now!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
CRVTEC0WNZJ00 said:

The Z and the G35 have drive by wire as well, and the fact that the Z and the G35 have more torque AT IDLE than the S2K produces at FULL SONG is a pretty bold testament to the Nissan VQ motor.

I admit, while the S2K can outhandle the Z on a curvy racetrack, in all other practical applications, ie: daily driving, the S2K is but a Civic with a Miata soul to any Nissan on the street.

Maybe if you go to driving school again, and learn how to drive something with more than 240hp....you won't be so intimidated.

Oh, and you should definitely leave Nissan and go work for Honda, cuz I bet they could use your amazing knowledge and expertise!!!
LMAO :lol2

Dumbshit. :bash

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.