Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the new flyer for the 2006 S2000 and it says that it has some gay um...traction control anti oversteer shit, to me this would be "VDC" "Vehicle Directional Control" since I work for nissan which sucks :td However I know on G35 Coupes and sedans etc you can turn the VDC off which does allow you to get sideways but not quite how you could if that gay shit wasn't there in the first place. I just want to be 100% positive that the S2000 hasn't become a bastardized POS that won't get sideways and stay sideways and won't do a burnout because then I just wouldn't want one.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Test drove an 06 yesterday and elft the traction control/vehicle control on and the car began to get sideways 1 or 2x so I might just try and get one. I want an 06 because theres a pretty good deal going on them for a lease and then into a buy.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I drove it and it drives better than any nissan piece of shit, including the 350z and the G35, I've driven both hundreds of times as I work at Nissan and worked at Infiniti

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Z-slut said:
The Z and the G35 have drive by wire as well, and the fact that the Z and the G35 have more torque AT IDLE than the S2K produces at FULL SONG is a pretty bold testament to the Nissan VQ motor.

I admit, while the S2K can outhandle the Z on a curvy racetrack, in all other practical applications, ie: daily driving, the S2K is but a Civic with a Miata soul to any Nissan on the street.

Maybe if you go to driving school again, and learn how to drive something with more than 240hp....you won't be so intimidated.

Oh, and you should definitely leave Nissan and go work for Honda, cuz I bet they could use your amazing knowledge and expertise!!!
LMAO :lol2

Dumbshit. :bash
Nissan...is shit. FX35's, FX45's, G35's both coupes and sedans from 2003-2005 had fuel hose recalls because the hoses were already splitting because nissan is too cheap and dumb to use quality hose clamps and tighten them correctly. Also the 2003 Nissan Z suffered this, not to mention the endless rear member recalls on the maximas and altimas because they used cheap aluminum/steel and bushings and the rear members were cracking or the bushings were falling out of them. And if the VQ35 is so great how come I've seen 4 of them blown to shit in the past year or so at Infiniti and Nissan one included a huge gaping hole through the cylinder wall and block from the piston and rod. NOT TO mention the fact that SEVERAL ALTIMA 2.5'S had the blocks and bellhousings improperly machined and had severe oil and transmission fluid leaks before they were even inspected to be sold! Oh and how could I forget about how the 2003-2005 G35's were eating through brake pads like nothing else including the soft shitty rotors they used. Nissan is shit when it comes to building anything good looking or reliable, the only Nissan worth shit is a GTR. Edit...one more thing, a few years ago when the first Z's were out there was a guy who twin turbo'd his 2003 Z...yeah well he was shooting oil out of the block from having a porus block...quality nissan. :tu If you like nissan great, I hate them but its a job and the pay is good.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Fact is the S2000 hasn't had near the amount of recalls as the G35 or the Z, and none of them were nearly as severe. And by the way I am an Automotive Tech at Nissan. But I will agree the G35 Coupe, and the Z look alright, they just aren't my thing. I'm closing this, end of it, if anymore is to be said PM me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.