Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Z-slut said:
The Z and the G35 have drive by wire as well, and the fact that the Z and the G35 have more torque AT IDLE than the S2K produces at FULL SONG is a pretty bold testament to the Nissan VQ motor.

I admit, while the S2K can outhandle the Z on a curvy racetrack, in all other practical applications, ie: daily driving, the S2K is but a Civic with a Miata soul to any Nissan on the street.

Maybe if you go to driving school again, and learn how to drive something with more than 240hp....you won't be so intimidated.

Oh, and you should definitely leave Nissan and go work for Honda, cuz I bet they could use your amazing knowledge and expertise!!!
LMAO :lol2

Dumbshit. :bash
ooooh. not too hard to make more torque with almost twice the motor. yes, s2k's lack torque, its well known. as far as this other nonsense you're spitting.....i laugh. e-badasses are funny :bash :byye

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
yeah, Nissan's VQ motor is a pretty well built motor... but you also have to remember, that the 350Z is about 300 or 400 pounds heavier than the S2K... and needs that extra 40hp and extra torque to keep it competitive with our Honda roadster... and honestly, you have to give it to Honda for building that F20C engine... it's probably one of the most well engineered engines on the planet.

and since the 350Z only makes what, 280hp? that's not that big of a difference, especially in a heavier car. it might be faster in a straight line than the S2K... but it's just barely faster... and throw us on any curvy road, and we'll take you down. so I dont know how 'intimidating' any stock 350Z is to me in my S2K... oh wait, they're not.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Clone said:
yeah, Nissan's VQ motor is a pretty well built motor... but you also have to remember, that the 350Z is about 300 or 400 pounds heavier than the S2K... and needs that extra 40hp and extra torque to keep it competitive with our Honda roadster... and honestly, you have to give it to Honda for building that F20C engine... it's probably one of the most well engineered engines on the planet.

and since the 350Z only makes what, 280hp? that's not that big of a difference, especially in a heavier car. it might be faster in a straight line than the S2K... but it's just barely faster... and throw us on any curvy road, and we'll take you down. so I dont know how 'intimidating' any stock 350Z is to me in my S2K... oh wait, they're not.
I think you're missing the point that it's not about the weight difference and 40hp either...the Z well makes up for that deficit with gobs of torque, and generally speaking, torque is what gets you off the line any day of the week.

The 350Z pulls out 230lb-ft to the rear wheels
The S2K pulls 146lb-ft, and that's a significant difference

Plus, I hate to burst your bubble, but the S2K on a dyno only actually puts 210 hp to the wheels, not 240...thus making it a 70hp deficit.

Look, I'm not a Honda hater, in fact, I have much respect for the S2K...for what it is.

I was just venting cuz your boy pissed me off, talking about those "Nissan pieces of sh!t"...and I felt I should defend it.

For the record, I have crushed many a S2K on trackday, and that's primarily because of the long straightaways. But you're right, they do outhandle (driven properly) the Z in the hairpins and the tougher chicanes.

But in practical daily driving, I chose the Z over the stook because you didn't have to beg for the power...it's always there.

Also, I am 6'3", so I didn't really fit into the Honda! haha...

End rant.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Z-slut said:
I think you're missing the point that it's not about the weight difference and 40hp either...the Z well makes up for that deficit with gobs of torque, and generally speaking, torque is what gets you off the line any day of the week.

Plus, I hate to burst your bubble, but the S2K on a dyno only actually puts 210 hp to the wheels, not 240...thus making it a 70hp deficit.

Look, I'm not a Honda hater, in fact, I have much respect for the S2K...for what it is.

I was just venting cuz your boy pissed me off, talking about those "Nissan pieces of sh!t"...and I felt I should defend it.

For the record, I have crushed many a S2K on trackday, and that's primarily because of the long straightaways. But you're right, they do outhandle (driven properly) the Z in the hairpins and the tougher chicanes.

But in practical daily driving, I chose the Z over the stook because you didn't have to beg for the power...it's always there.

Also, I am 6'3", so I didn't really fit into the Honda! haha...

End rant.
AP2s put down 162 lbft of torque. ;) and I'm just curiouse about this long straightaway thing. I understand that off the line you will pull on a S2k but if you are exiting a corner and going on to a straight then I don't think you would gain that much...if any. I understand you have more power but S2ks are lighter and engine is making power all the way up to 8k or 9k and S2k has better aerodynamics

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Boski said:
AP2s put down 162 lbft of torque. ;) and I'm just curiouse about this long straightaway thing. I understand that off the line you will pull on a S2k but if you are exiting a corner and going on to a straight then I don't think you would gain that much...if any. I understand you have more power but S2ks are lighter and engine is making power all the way up to 8k or 9k and S2k has better aerodynamics
Agree

Plus weight difference

·
Registered
61 Posts
Boski said:
Better aerodynamics? Are you high?
The 350Z has one of the lowest drag coefficients in the sportscar world (.29)...and I guarantee the S2K's CD is not that low.
I am willing to bet money on that.
Lighter? Yes. More aerodynamic? No.

Besides. the whole lighter/better aerodynamics thing doesn't really hold too much water I 'm afraid...nobody on a normal track is going to be going fast enough to be adversely affected by wind resistance. :rolleyes

Problem with the F20 is, in order to keep up with higher hp opponents, you absolutely HAVE to keep the revs above 6K to come out of a corner with any authority...and they have to stay in that 6-9K range at ALL TIMES...or the car instantly transforms into a Civic.

They corrected the problem a tad with the F22, i know. But it's not a monumental difference.

I autocrossed in a S2K a couple times, and found myself not enjoying the effort required to hang with the big boys. Felt like I had to pay so much attention to the rev range that I fucked up my approach and exits.
Or, maybe I'm just a shitty driver. :noo
(Although I do remember the Honda gearbox being exceptionally nice).

Anyways...yes, the Z is heavier and feels porkier around corners but again, the speeds don't get high enough for aerodynamics and power to weight to be much of a factor, and there is enough useable torque at any rpm to stay ahead.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Z-slut said:

End rant.
tactful discussion at last. nothin wrong with defending somethin you like :number1

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Z-slut said:
Better aerodynamics? Are you high?
The 350Z has one of the lowest drag coefficients in the sportscar world (.29)...and I guarantee the S2K's CD is not that low.
I am willing to bet money on that.
Lighter? Yes. More aerodynamic? No.

Besides. the whole lighter/better aerodynamics thing doesn't really hold too much water I 'm afraid...nobody on a normal track is going to be going fast enough to be adversely affected by wind resistance. :rolleyes

Problem with the F20 is, in order to keep up with higher hp opponents, you absolutely HAVE to keep the revs above 6K to come out of a corner with any authority...and they have to stay in that 6-9K range at ALL TIMES...or the car instantly transforms into a Civic.

They corrected the problem a tad with the F22, i know. But it's not a monumental difference.

I autocrossed in a S2K a couple times, and found myself not enjoying the effort required to hang with the big boys. Felt like I had to pay so much attention to the rev range that I fucked up my approach and exits.
Or, maybe I'm just a shitty driver. :noo
(Although I do remember the Honda gearbox being exceptionally nice).

Anyways...yes, the Z is heavier and feels porkier around corners but again, the speeds don't get high enough for aerodynamics and power to weight to be much of a factor, and there is enough useable torque at any rpm to stay ahead.
i think my confusion lies where you said you were blowing people away on the straights...in my mind i'm thinking you are talking about on the track...not on auto-x. so i think, you are talking mainly about auto-x. in which case my rebuttal changes abit. yes you'll be able to pull harder initially on a straight portion of the auto-x so i see where you are saying you'll have the advantage there. but truthfully any 4banger(especially a honda) on a auto-x course you are going to have to really drive the car and keep it up in the high rev range because you just aren't going to have the low end power that a 6 cyl. is going to give you. S2K should still make up for it though in the turns

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Z-slut said:
The Z and the G35 have drive by wire as well, and the fact that the Z and the G35 have more torque AT IDLE than the S2K produces at FULL SONG is a pretty bold testament to the Nissan VQ motor.

I admit, while the S2K can outhandle the Z on a curvy racetrack, in all other practical applications, ie: daily driving, the S2K is but a Civic with a Miata soul to any Nissan on the street.

Maybe if you go to driving school again, and learn how to drive something with more than 240hp....you won't be so intimidated.

Oh, and you should definitely leave Nissan and go work for Honda, cuz I bet they could use your amazing knowledge and expertise!!!
LMAO :lol2

Dumbshit. :bash
Nissan...is shit. FX35's, FX45's, G35's both coupes and sedans from 2003-2005 had fuel hose recalls because the hoses were already splitting because nissan is too cheap and dumb to use quality hose clamps and tighten them correctly. Also the 2003 Nissan Z suffered this, not to mention the endless rear member recalls on the maximas and altimas because they used cheap aluminum/steel and bushings and the rear members were cracking or the bushings were falling out of them. And if the VQ35 is so great how come I've seen 4 of them blown to shit in the past year or so at Infiniti and Nissan one included a huge gaping hole through the cylinder wall and block from the piston and rod. NOT TO mention the fact that SEVERAL ALTIMA 2.5'S had the blocks and bellhousings improperly machined and had severe oil and transmission fluid leaks before they were even inspected to be sold! Oh and how could I forget about how the 2003-2005 G35's were eating through brake pads like nothing else including the soft shitty rotors they used. Nissan is shit when it comes to building anything good looking or reliable, the only Nissan worth shit is a GTR. Edit...one more thing, a few years ago when the first Z's were out there was a guy who twin turbo'd his 2003 Z...yeah well he was shooting oil out of the block from having a porus block...quality nissan. :tu If you like nissan great, I hate them but its a job and the pay is good.

·
Registered
61 Posts
CRVTEC0WNZJ00 said:
Nissan...is shit. FX35's, FX45's, G35's both coupes and sedans from 2003-2005 had fuel hose recalls because the hoses were already splitting because nissan is too cheap and dumb to use quality hose clamps and tighten them correctly. Also the 2003 Nissan Z suffered this, not to mention the endless rear member recalls on the maximas and altimas because they used cheap aluminum/steel and bushings and the rear members were cracking or the bushings were falling out of them. And if the VQ35 is so great how come I've seen 4 of them blown to shit in the past year or so at Infiniti and Nissan one included a huge gaping hole through the cylinder wall and block from the piston and rod. NOT TO mention the fact that SEVERAL ALTIMA 2.5'S had the blocks and bellhousings improperly machined and had severe oil and transmission fluid leaks before they were even inspected to be sold! Oh and how could I forget about how the 2003-2005 G35's were eating through brake pads like nothing else including the soft shitty rotors they used. Nissan is shit when it comes to building anything good looking or reliable, the only Nissan worth shit is a GTR. Edit...one more thing, a few years ago when the first Z's were out there was a guy who twin turbo'd his 2003 Z...yeah well he was shooting oil out of the block from having a porus block...quality nissan. :tu If you like nissan great, I hate them but its a job and the pay is good.
Good lord...I just don't know where to start with this post...
It's like you're a retarded child and you just handed me something very broken and useless to work with.

I hope for everyone's sake that you only clean toilets at Nissan, and that you don't actually get to touch important things.
Or speak.
Cuz, that would just suck for everyone involved.

Anyways...as far as looks are concerned, I'll give you that only cuz looks are relative, and everyone's opinions are different. I happen to think the Z and the G35 looks great. If you think dofferent, that's your opinion.

As far as things going wrong with the cars themselves...well, I bet you won't find ANY manufacturer without defects or recalls or cheap equipment in their vehicles to save money. It happens everywhere.
I would be more than willing to post a list of Honda recalls and faulty equipment too.

Face it...you're pissed because you're wrong, and maybe a little retarded.

No hard feelings.

:clap

Reactions: Boski

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
he's right about the recalls... everyone has 'em... including Honda. the worst I've heard was on those new C6 Vette Coupes, where the roof panel would like, delaminate from the frame or some crap and fly off the car at moderate highway speeds... check out corvetteforums.com and there's tons of owners who've had that shit happen to them... oh I just bought a $60K, brand new Vette and now I've got a convertible!

but still... I dunno, it's a matter of opinion. Some people are Nissan fans, some are die hard Honda boys... others dig Vettes, or Fieros, or MX-3s, or whatever.

Fact of the matter is, we can argue about this crap all damn day... no one is gonna end up winning. So you all just kinda need to keep it down in here...

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Fact is the S2000 hasn't had near the amount of recalls as the G35 or the Z, and none of them were nearly as severe. And by the way I am an Automotive Tech at Nissan. But I will agree the G35 Coupe, and the Z look alright, they just aren't my thing. I'm closing this, end of it, if anymore is to be said PM me.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.