Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering about getting a 55 shot kit for a stock internal motor EX with an Automatic. I have an AEM cold air intake and soon a 4-2-1 DC header. Anyone here have a NOS auto Civic? What can I expect, I am new to the NOS game, but I did find the How To post helpful.

· Registered
153 Posts
Mid 15's at best sprayin from start to finish

hey man... i drive an an auto accord... juss switched to 75 shot..... used up 4 bottles in less then 4 months on 55 shot... my tranny is slippin on me now 49,000 km (very drivable in normal conditions but not for racing.. wont shift gears when floored hard) ... juss to let u know yer tranny will be the first to go ...

· Registered
56 Posts
There used to be a guy on here with a 91 Accord LX auto. I think his name was Accord44, but anyways he ran 14's with his car , I think he was spraying a 80 shot. But it was a while ago.

· Registered
39 Posts
Ill be getting my nitrous system installed on my auto integra LS as soon as I can get it scheduled:mad: I saw a timeslip of a guy with an automatic altima (not 2002 gen) that was running 16s w/out sprayin, but 14.8 with a 75 shot from NX

· Registered
56 Posts
laughin2.2 said:
It's the easiest dry kit to install and it's good fro beginners or anyone not wanting to spray above a 75 shot.
Not my favorite kit , but very easy to install and use just like what he said.

· Registered
9 Posts
check the sig, auto's are great with nitrous, just don't turn the juice up to high,, like over 75shot or bye bye tranny,,,,
there was a guy on here before running high 13's on slicks with his h23 with 80shot on the stock accord auto tranny,,,
get a tranny cooler to keep it happy :)

· Registered
20,271 Posts
shagg'naccord said:
check the sig, auto's are great with nitrous, just don't turn the juice up to high,, like over 75shot or bye bye tranny,,,,
there was a guy on here before running high 13's on slicks with his h23 with 80shot on the stock accord auto tranny,,,
get a tranny cooler to keep it happy :)
i swear u got a fast accord for being auto. i still wonder wat ill hit once i get my new clutch in

· Registered
59 Posts
nos times

All i had at the time was a aem cold air, dc sport header, and apexi N1 exhaust and i ran a 15.9 on a 92 dx automatic. Be sure to retard your timing and make sure that you have the fuel there with the nitrous. My car leaned out bad and that is what blows up your motor.

· Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So, what is the best way to beef up the tranny to avoid slipping, a rebuild, a hi performance torque converter?

· Registered
9 Posts
i'm not an expert but from what i've heard it's best to get a torque converter first because this will allow you better off the line starts and the main reason is that a high performance torque converter will be able to take the high HP shifts and will stay MUCH cooler than the stock TQ,,,, i've also heard this is the main reason that the stock honda auto's arn't that great because the stock TQ's overheat and that causes everything else in the tranny to overheat leading to gears and other stuff breaking,,, so get the TQ first,
levelten.com
protorqueconverter.com (something like that)
basically 4-500 bills for a TQ then probably 300 to install it
so TQ for 800 or get a 5speed swap for alittle more,,
tuff decision,,,

· Registered
127 Posts
=D

I'm here......13's....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.