Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a problem. my dell destop was running real slow extremely slow at start up. so stupid me i went to download an anti virus. i run the anti virus and it deleted these"infected" programs. ok

now when i boot up i get 2 rundll error messages. dell wants to charge me to help me. what should i do? somehow when i run windows restore to a previous day it wont complete it. :mad

someone tell me what i should do. would scandisk do anything?

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
NationsMostWanted said:
i have a problem. my dell destop was running real slow extremely slow at start up. so stupid me i went to download an anti virus. i run the anti virus and it deleted these"infected" programs. ok

now when i boot up i get 2 rundll error messages. dell wants to charge me to help me. what should i do? somehow when i run windows restore to a previous day it wont complete it. :mad

someone tell me what i should do. would scandisk do anything?
If you know what dll files are missing, you can do a search on google for those files and download them into the appropriate directory.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fartbomber said:
If you know what dll files are missing, you can do a search on google for those files and download them into the appropriate directory.
but see were virus. my antivirus found and deleted them

c:\progra~\3721\help.dll
c:windows\downlo~\crismin.dll

·
Young&Dangerous
10,160 Posts
Try MSCONFIG and see if you see anything in there.

Look for those .dll file in the startup and disable them or enable if not. See witch one works.

If your AV picked it up then it must be a virus. missing .dll file are usually located in the Windows dir.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Type_SH RaCer said:
Try MSCONFIG and see if you see anything in there.

Look for those .dll file in the startup and disable them or enable if not. See witch one works.

If your AV picked it up then it must be a virus. missing .dll file are usually located in the Windows dir.
i did that and it fixed the problem but i cant delete my old expried anti virus. says im not a supervisor

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Type_SH RaCer said:
Did you mean Administrator?
Do you have Administrator's rights...if not log in as.

Use this to uninstall if you can't find it in add/remove (ControlPanel)
http://www.tucows.com/preview/317053
i am the administrator but somehow it wont let me. the reason is im trying to get rid of my old antivirus and install the new one. but the new one from avast wont let me run it if i have the old norton on. but i cant find the norton one anywhere cept in the control panel where u add/remove programs and it wont let me remove it saying im not a supervisor...wtf??i am the administrator

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Type_SH RaCer said:
Use the program i posted should take care of it!
I think i have the crack i can send it.. PM me your email
fuck now my laptop is acting up. i have this error code called vanguard.exe and its a program in my wireless setup but when i retry to reinstall it it wont do anything. when i click uninstall it dont do noting

·
Young&Dangerous
10,160 Posts
NationsMostWanted said:
fuck now my laptop is acting up. i have this error code called vanguard.exe and its a program in my wireless setup but when i retry to reinstall it it wont do anything. when i click uninstall it dont do noting
Dose your WAN sitll work even with the error?
Repet steps of MSCONFIG.

What Card are you useing? Have you instealed any Win update?

Have you checked for updates for the card?

Another solution is get a new card and trash the other... I've got a $35 card that dose not caruse any prob.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.