Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive been working with a local machine shop about making some custom parts. We are gonna get a DOHC f22 head and make custom camshafts. The valves and springs are all custom. The block is gonna get board. We even talked about a twin turbo project. Depends on if we can get everything working properly.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
lol twin turbo. a single decently sized turbo is more than you'll ever need.

posts up some details when you get the cams and those valves and springs made. that should be interesting. now for the block just get some .020 over forged pistons and forged rods and have the block bored .020 over.

if you want a bullet proof block then have it sleeved, but i dont really think its neccessary unless you plan on making more than 400whp

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its gonna take awhile. We are hoping to get around 600whp. The machinist said that it is possible. He built a 450hp SOHC F22. We are trying to set it up to run better fuel. Everything has to be custom. Not many performance parts were made for the f22. I was wondering. Ive heard some stuff about the 6spd honda transmissions. Do you think it would mount to an f22 motor?

·
Registered
136 Posts
integraboss15 said:
Its gonna take awhile. We are hoping to get around 600whp. The machinist said that it is possible. He built a 450hp SOHC F22. We are trying to set it up to run better fuel. Everything has to be custom. Not many performance parts were made for the f22. I was wondering. Ive heard some stuff about the 6spd honda transmissions. Do you think it would mount to an f22 motor?
450 hp sohc f22? wow, i wanna see that.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
integraboss15 said:
I can ask him for pics but I have seen the 450hp F22. Its in a 97 accord. That bitch moves.
I want to see.

I know of a 2 guys that are making about that much on there F22b2 and JDM F22b dohc but they spent a butt load.

6spd tranny from k series aint gonna work. spins the other way.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AS you know Ive been working on an f22 build up. Well last night someone broke in my buddies garage and stole my block, my pistons, the special made cams, and the head. About $3000 worth of stuff. I am currently looking for another f22 block and f22 DOHC head.

·
Registered
89 Posts
integraboss15 said:
AS you know Ive been working on an f22 build up. Well last night someone broke in my buddies garage and stole my block, my pistons, the special made cams, and the head. About $3000 worth of stuff. I am currently looking for another f22 block and f22 DOHC head.
that sucks dude...theivin @ss mf'ers :mad

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
integraboss15 said:
IM just gonna do a mild build up. This will have a hard enough time to pass emissions. Anyone know any tricks to get turboed vehicles to pass inspection?
if you dont have visual inspection and just a sniffer test, if its tuned properly it should pass fine. now if you have visual like in cali your gonna need like $300 under the table or know some ppl.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.