Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad wants to buy a whole tower instead of piece one together which is what I wanted to do. He's worried about all the parts working together. So where can I go for a good deal on a whole tower?

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Hellasweet said:
My dad wants to buy a whole tower instead of piece one together which is what I wanted to do. He's worried about all the parts working together. So where can I go for a good deal on a whole tower?
Go to Microcenter.com or Dell.com for pc's.
Go to Apple.com or Microcenter.com for Mac's.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
if you get a Dell, get one of their regular towers, their mini pcs ( small form factor) have terrible heat problems and their motherboard will fry after 2 months.... you have been warned :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
haha. doesn't he trust you? old people are hilarious. would rather pay double for half the performance because they dont understand it

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
joeyl said:
if you get a Dell, get one of their regular towers, their mini pcs ( small form factor) have terrible heat problems and their motherboard will fry after 2 months.... you have been warned :D
He should just get a reg tower.
I got one as my first purchased pc, and i never had any problems with it whatsover. Their prices are very good for ready made pc's, and on the site you can upgrade or downgrade stuff easily.
I got mine for $600, and i had everything on it except a dvd burner (had dvd rom, didn't need a burner at the time) , ran very well, fast ect. Still got it but the dual G5 holds down the fort now.

·
Registered
19,132 Posts
buy one of those new Apple Mac minis

Live the digital life in stylish simplicity. Just 6.5 inches wide and 2 inches tall, Mac mini provides what you need to have more fun with your music, photos and movies — right out of the box. And it boasts a miniscule price to match: Mac mini starts at $499.
Get a Mac for Less

The modular design of Mac mini lets you upgrade your current system to the elegance, simplicity and reliability of Macintosh. If you already own a monitor, keyboard and mouse, you can get up and running in minutes. Or choose any combination of new devices to meet your individual situation. And yes, Mac mini will take advantage of your two-button USB mouse with scroll-wheel and your favorite USB keyboard. Just plug them in.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
///M3ssican said:
buy one of those new Apple Mac minis

Live the digital life in stylish simplicity. Just 6.5 inches wide and 2 inches tall, Mac mini provides what you need to have more fun with your music, photos and movies — right out of the box. And it boasts a miniscule price to match: Mac mini starts at $499.
Get a Mac for Less

The modular design of Mac mini lets you upgrade your current system to the elegance, simplicity and reliability of Macintosh. If you already own a monitor, keyboard and mouse, you can get up and running in minutes. Or choose any combination of new devices to meet your individual situation. And yes, Mac mini will take advantage of your two-button USB mouse with scroll-wheel and your favorite USB keyboard. Just plug them in.
Amazing idea.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Hellasweet said:
On an unrelated topic, should I get rid of AOL and get netzero or something? Whats your opinions on AOL?
AOL is about the wost ISP, end of story. if you must use a huge ISP; @ least use earthink.

a combo of DSL and a local ISP is probably your best bet though. unless you dont live in an area where you qualify for it, then cable is your next best. unless you spend all your time downloading huge files; then go for cable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts