Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I keep bombarding this board with tons of questions, but damn, you guys have great info, and I can't stay away from modding my del Sol now, anyways, anyone out there can give me any suggestions on a alarm, with auto door locks, something I could do myself obviously... thanks again!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
you can do any alarm as long as you have a wiring diagram....

i like my compustar, i have the spread spectrum version...

"6000 feet range" under optimal conditions... so honestly it works well enough....

i remote started my car from 1/4 mile away :p

the only thing... if someone is jacking my car, i dotn think i can run that far before they already towed it... (42 seconds?)

i rely on my engine management as my immobilizer, it wont even start unless i change maps.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I agree with Phantom_Sol. I have a compustar and have only good things to say about it. easy to use and tons of available set up options. Only kind of alarms i will ever use.

Chad

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
compustar sounds good, I was going to say viper but now I don't know...I think I am going to have to try that compustar...and I like how phantom's engine management works as the immobilizer...nice anti-theft system, I would also get a quick release steering wheel hub in addition to the alarm system...that way if they somehow by-pass the alarm, they can't get away without a steering wheel...

·
Registered
872 Posts
dont u need power doorlocks for that, i think you do. Did the later sol's have power door-locks? I have a AudioVox system..its fine, Impact, and ajar sensors, Hood sensor, trunk sensor..if anyone bumps my car it goes off lol.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Phantom_Sol said:
you can do any alarm as long as you have a wiring diagram....

i like my compustar, i have the spread spectrum version...

"6000 feet range" under optimal conditions... so honestly it works well enough....

i remote started my car from 1/4 mile away :p

the only thing... if someone is jacking my car, i dotn think i can run that far before they already towed it... (42 seconds?)

i rely on my engine management as my immobilizer, it wont even start unless i change maps.

4Does the CompuStar offer remote auto door locks, and I'm guessing you have an automatic, since you remote start...

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
um.... no its manual, just bypass the clutch safety switch....

it has remote door lock, or passive door locks, meaning it will automatically arm within 30 seconds.

it has a remote paging system and a 2 stage shock sensor... (first bump will alert you, second bump will alert you and set alarm off)

it has 2 other auxiliary for remote trunk release and whatever else you want.

has trunk, and hood sensor. and a built in turbo timer function (which i love)...

it even has a timer mode where it will start your car every so often for 15 minutes so your fluids will circulate (winter)

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
yes i know you arent supposed to have a remote start on a manual car due to it starting up and killing kids standing in front of it, but honestly, since i have a turbo timer on the car, i never park it in gear anyways... so its no concern to me

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Phantom_Sol said:
yes i know you arent supposed to have a remote start on a manual car due to it starting up and killing kids standing in front of it, but honestly, since i have a turbo timer on the car, i never park it in gear anyways... so its no concern to me
Oh man, thats freakin awesome, I'm looking at some on eBay, but the thing runs near $270 for your model, where can I get it cheaper?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.