Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im an idiot...got into an accident today with an 06 Benz c250 or something liek that. basically i was making a left onto a main road and there was a huge landscaping truck making a right onto where i was coming from - he had his signal on and was in the shoulder to turn and all, so i didnt see any car behind him. so at my last look to see if it was clear i guess the benz was directly diagonal from the truck, so it was hidden from my view, and i went to make the left and hit into the rear passenger side tire of the benz. so i guess they were in the blind spot of the truck

anyway, heres the pic of my car. any idea of the ballpark to get it fixed?
ps - i needed a new bumper before this anyway.

im definitely gonna need:
front bumper
signal lens (i have it already)
corner lens

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
whatever your insurance deductible is :lol

accidents are never fun. sorry to see your lude in such rough shape :(

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
is the hood damaged/bent?? or just missing paint?
and are you sure the headlight(s) are ok?

if both of those are fine and its only the bumper and signals that are messed up, i wouldn't even bother going thru insurance. i would just pay for it outta pocket.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys

my headlights are fine. the hood and fender is bent a little. i think i can get away with getting a bumper and signal lights n havin it painted n put on.

btw i dont have collision on my car so i have to pay for the job either way

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yeah, I don't have collision either, I feel your pain. I had to replace the passenger side door and fender on my car. I was able to get away with that, total, for like $1,600, granted I know a guy that can paint, he charged me half price. But junkyard parts are the way to go, so it really should be too bad. Since you'll be painting anyway, it's a good excuse to get a lip too.

·
Registered
425 Posts
ok quite frankly, this really aggravates me. After causing huge damage to my own car and making a thread with a title like "all luders i need your help" and getting only a few responses, this thread goes for a day and gets all these links to parts and offers to sell. Shit I bought a brand new hood and bumper for 193 and 280 from hondaautomotiveparts because I couldnt find anything good on the internet that anyone was helping me with. Well anyway, I just wish you guys were willing to help me out when I desperately asked the same way you helped him out.
good luck with it, and i like how you painted your grille pieces black, I was thikning of doing that myself.

·
Registered
192 Posts
mikesta21 said:
ok quite frankly, this really aggravates me. After causing huge damage to my own car and making a thread with a title like "all luders i need your help" and getting only a few responses, this thread goes for a day and gets all these links to parts and offers to sell. Shit I bought a brand new hood and bumper for 193 and 280 from hondaautomotiveparts because I couldnt find anything good on the internet that anyone was helping me with. Well anyway, I just wish you guys were willing to help me out when I desperately asked the same way you helped him out.
good luck with it, and i like how you painted your grille pieces black, I was thikning of doing that myself.
dude cant you read my post? i said i was gonna hook him up with a bumper, and signals, just because noone helped you doesnt mean other people are not going to look out for their friends.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
mikesta21 said:
Don't be a baby. This is a Honda community, not a pay site and nobody is obligated to help you.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mikesta21 said:
why wouldnt u check ebay?

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
mikesta21 said:
maybe the parts people are willing to sell him werent available when you wrecked your car.

or maybe people just dont like you? i dunno, i dont even recognize your name :hehe

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
my friend recently did a similar thing to her 97 civic. Two body shops quoted about 1800 to get it fixed. That included a new bumper, bumper cover, headlight, fender, paint, and of course labor.

·
Registered
425 Posts
damn u guys were kinda harsh.. im not wining and being a baby, its just when i made a post asking desperately for help i wish some of you would have been willing to help me out. It's not a pay site-exactly- we r here to learn, discuss, and help each other out, I just wished you guys had cared when i asked for your help in the same manner. not trying to say you purposely did it, either. lots of guys have helped me out on this website, and i get a lot of info from interacting with you guys.

ebay- i didnt check because my body guy claimed the last person to get aftermarket ebay stuff didnt fit very nicely on his car. Whether this is true in general or not, he wasnt doing it for his own gain because i dont buy my parts through him at all, even oem.

if you get that ebay bumper, let me know how it fits for the next time i mess up my car.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mikesta21 said:
damn u guys were kinda harsh.. im not wining and being a baby, its just when i made a post asking desperately for help i wish some of you would have been willing to help me out. It's not a pay site-exactly- we r here to learn, discuss, and help each other out, I just wished you guys had cared when i asked for your help in the same manner. not trying to say you purposely did it, either. lots of guys have helped me out on this website, and i get a lot of info from interacting with you guys.

ebay- i didnt check because my body guy claimed the last person to get aftermarket ebay stuff didnt fit very nicely on his car. Whether this is true in general or not, he wasnt doing it for his own gain because i dont buy my parts through him at all, even oem.

if you get that ebay bumper, let me know how it fits for the next time i mess up my car.
was the ebay one that didnt fit on the car fiberglass bumper or the oem type bumper? i heard the fiberglass bumpers dont fit well.

but i did make a thread about ebay bumpers. search for it...basically i found out that this one guy bought from this specific place twice and said that they both fit perfectly. it was also about 100 bucks and came primed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.