Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here play City of Heroes or City of Villains at all, if so what server?

Just curious.

My toons(most are on Champion)
Heroes:
50 Invuln/SS/Energy Tank
50 Spines/Regen/Weapon Scrapper
40 Rad/Rad(going psychic) Defender
16 Peacebringer
12 Warshade

Villains:
32 Bot/FF Mastermind
26 Sonic/Sonic Corrruptor
14 Ninja/Regen Stalker
12 Electric/Electric Brute

I've been mostly playing my Rad/Rad Def Plutonium242 lately, it's a support toon great for teaming, I usually only break out the 50s when there's a Hamidon raid or to power level a friend. I like the content a lot better in CoH so that's where I usually am.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on the style of gaming you like. This is a mix between a true turn based role playing game and a first person shooter. I've played pretty much everything and City of Heros keeps me addicted. I've been playing for about a year and still see new things all of the time.

There's a free trial for two weeks so you can give it a whirl, it's a HUGE download though, 900meg for the cliient then another 400meg worth of updates. https://secure.plaync.com/cgi-bin/coh_free_trial.pl?partner=3 The biggest downside to the game is that on top of paying for the game there is a monthly fee as well. If you do go for the trial, I'd get it installed then sign up for the trial, here's the download for the client ftp://client.coh.com/Coh.zip If you decide to give it a try let me know and I can help a little.

Here's some screenshots.

This was a costume contest I'm the blue and green guy with the cloud around him.

This is my defender and a few people killing a giant monster(took about 15 minutes)

My tank in a NASTY place called the shadow shard

My brute stopping a bank heist(the short stalky one)

and my Mastermind with his bots(pets)

·
Registered
11,252 Posts
damn, that looks pretty tight, but i dont like the fact that you have to pay to play. thats why i never got into world of warcraft. do you know how much it is? if its like 5 or 10 bucks then its not so bad.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's $15 a month for monthly, $10 a month if you pay for a year(I did) and somewhere in between for 3mo and 6mo. I said "I will never pay for a monthly game" one of my friends bought CoH for me and paid for one month, I've been paying ever since :p Also it's $15 a month whether you have City of Heroes, Villains or both.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.