Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I would say start off with drawing whatever you want, when youre ready buy a bumper and try to cut...glue....drill...shave...etc to make it how you want

It doesnt hurt to explore what you can do, plus it would be a great experience

Dont quote me on the method, i dont know shit about body kits. :clap

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
91Vtec said:
I would say start off with drawing whatever you want, when youre ready buy a bumper and try to cut...glue....drill...shave...etc to make it how you want

It doesnt hurt to explore what you can do, plus it would be a great experience

Dont quote me on the method, i dont know shit about body kits. :clap
if u dont know dont writer thats easy

·
Registered
101 Posts
if you have never done it before, I wouldnt try it...the point of a body kit is to make the car look good, and if u never made one before I guarantee it wont look good...Im not flamin you, cause god knows if I tried to make one, it would turn out horrible

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SOLdier05 said:
if you have never done it before, I wouldnt try it...the point of a body kit is to make the car look good, and if u never made one before I guarantee it wont look good...Im not flamin you, cause god knows if I tried to make one, it would turn out horrible
i want be like him http://www.cardomain.com/ride/757543/2 how he make custome body kits at home or garage whenever , so i can buy body kits from ebay but i want make my custome body kits like what i want , so i need a web site learning me how to build my body kits

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
Well you need to have some sort of ARTISTIC ability to even think of a DESIGN...most kits start off as simple drawings...something someone sketches and then applies to a TEST car...in your case that's a sol...so get yourself a ton of putty and mold it to your car, and do as you must to get it to what you want it to be...take off the molds you've made, and have them replicated elsewhere using some fiberglass...or you could get a kit, and just work with that..changing it up little by little until you're satisfied...it's either that or go to school for custom bodywork...UTI has a program where you can learn a lot of stuff in that field of work...hell they'll even teach you to paint :D

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
solsykness said:
Well you need to have some sort of ARTISTIC ability to even think of a DESIGN...most kits start off as simple drawings...something someone sketches and then applies to a TEST car...in your case that's a sol...so get yourself a ton of putty and mold it to your car, and do as you must to get it to what you want it to be...take off the molds you've made, and have them replicated elsewhere using some fiberglass...or you could get a kit, and just work with that..changing it up little by little until you're satisfied...it's either that or go to school for custom bodywork...UTI has a program where you can learn a lot of stuff in that field of work...hell they'll even teach you to paint :D
Exactly what i said...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
solsykness said:
so i thing i want to go bodywork school but not now cuz im in mechanic school after it i will go to bodywork school :D

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
91Vtec said:
Exactly what i said...
pretty much...what I would do though, is just take it to a body shop and tell them what the look I'm going for is, and just watch them fiberglass and shave and fab it all the way I wanted it, so I could have some sort of idea of how to do work like that...but you'd have to have the proper tools and what not to get it lookin right, and I'm doubting that homeboy has all the resources to achieve this...I could be wrong though :rolleyes

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
q8delsol said:
i want be like him http://www.cardomain.com/ride/757543/2 how he make custome body kits at home or garage whenever , so i can buy body kits from ebay but i want make my custome body kits like what i want , so i need a web site learning me how to build my body kits
Looks like a fake ass need for speed wannabe car, I just like the natural bodylines of a del sol, except for the buddyclub bodykit its sexy!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
there was a guy that used to be on this board who lived in egypt. He made a replica of the buddy club front end by modifying his stock front bumper, it was awesome work, the threads out there somewhere im sure

·
Registered
101 Posts
if ur goin to school for mechanics now, I would seriously toss around the idea of goin to school for body work too. that way you have more then just one trade that your good at (comes in handy to make lots of $ for modding). But I wouldnt attempt it unless you know what you are doing, and have the correct tools to do it

·
Registered
101 Posts
lol :clap

1 - 14 of 14 Posts