Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to get more hp on a zc engine

Are there any cheap easy ways of increasing the horse power on my 88 rex with a zc engine?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hobie237 said:
yeah... easy, cheap and horsepower really dont go together, but you could to i/h/e or nitrous....

probly in terms of bang for the buck you're talking turbo....

but that is by no means cheap.... or easy

sorry for my ignorence what is i/h/e

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you thats what i thought it was but i wasnt sure it already has a ful exaust system and new headers and i will be getting a new cold air intake on it because the one on it is pretty old and crappy i was thnking aem or nuspeed....

·
Premium Member
3,213 Posts
depends on your definition of "cheap". For example I think you can have a "cheap" turbo setup for around 800-1100.00 depending on which route you take.

Homemade turbo setups usually are ran with AFC Hack,Turboedit, or FMU's and check valves.
Here's an example of a cheap homemade turbo setup.
1. T25 turbo (2gen. ecplise) 14b turbo (1st gen.eclipse)
2. Starion FMIC
3. Turboedit w/pm6 ecu
4. DSM BOV
5. HF manifold with adapter plate
6. DSM 450cc injectors
7. Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
8. 190lph or 255 lph fuel pump.
9. Custom charge pipes
10. Custom 3" exhaust......this setup on a DOHC ZC Rex is a 13 second car at around 8-9 psi on either turbo! This setup could run around...800-900.00....which douesn't include paying someone to put the parts on.

But yeah, thats cheap to me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Moon Ill said:
cheap... do you mean free?
this isnt how to make more power but losing weight helps, if ur willing to remove interior thats all free, and it can always be put back in whenever.
spare tire and jack at least 25lbs, rear interior stuff that i pulled out weighed like 60lbs, thats not including carpet or speakers (my car never came with any), light weight battery the stock weighs about 30 and im sure u can cut that in half, the passenger seat is like 35lbs, if u have an si replacing the sunroof with a piece of plastic like i had for a while saves another 20lbs or so. My car came with a lot of missing interior pieces so im sure theres more weight that i lost that i dont know about. if ur into looks also a carbon hood is great, carbon hatch (has anyone seen these installed? i wanna see a pic of it on a car and know how much of a difference in weight there is) and lexan rear windows, ive seen some windows on ebay recently for 275, comes with the rear quarters and the hatch glass. its basically all up to how crazy u wanna get, i know some people cut metal out of the body, but im not really up for that. its basically all up to u and what ur willing to do to ur car. and besides the body cutting all of the things i listed are reversable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts