Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
10,346 Posts
They go between the headlights, 96-97 NOT workable. The 96-97 bumpers dont have a spot for them.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
I thought those 2 holes were for something else.....learn somethin new everyday! Lol Also, I heard Google has this thing that lets you search for pics, but that's only what I heard.
if you had googled your question, it would also have shown you pics. no need for sarcasm lol

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Not so many del sols on the road, even fewer people that know much about therm. you can always mount a 93-95 bumper on a 96-97 and order the lights...

I see that on ebay alot, little things like that.

· Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
Not so many del sols on the road, even fewer people that know much about therm. you can always mount a 93-95 bumper on a 96-97 and order the lights...

I see that on ebay alot, little things like that.
bet most didn't know that the 96-97 had a y8 using an obd1 wiring harness with an obd2 p28

well the models that did come with the y8

· Registered
10,346 Posts
what, did they integrate a conversion harness? That seems like a lame move for honda to make :lol

· Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
what, did they integrate a conversion harness? That seems like a lame move for honda to make :lol
for the most part yes. if you noticed a couple weeks ago I posted about alt wiring. well after going over some diagrams I realized they used obd1 wire colors with a obd2 plug. the plugs on the dizzy are also different. its lame but I expect nothing less from honda.

I actually put in an app to change oil at honda today. I was like its better than nothing right now. it will get my foot in the door at least. I told him I could swap an engine in a civic in 2.5 hours and he looked impressed, whether he believed me or not its the truth

· Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
yes, i don't know that. i bet neither does my brother.
yeah welcome to my world of useless facts wandering around in my head :(

if you need anymore useless facts about the d series engine or civic let me know

· Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
theres always been a problem with the headers and exhaust with this engine, and i have an exhaust leak, can you think of any places i might want to look at first?
gee I don't know but last time I checked you don't look at the a/c system for an exhaust leak. I would suggest looking at the exhaust for an exhaust leak.

but seriously what the hell are you talking about?

· Registered
580 Posts
gee I don't know but last time I checked you don't look at the a/c system for an exhaust leak. I would suggest looking at the exhaust for an exhaust leak.

but seriously what the hell are you talking about?
you're filled with useless knowledge, im wondering where on the exhaust system i should be looking for a leak. cracked headers? busted pipe, besides the obvious point anything you know of?

· Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
well finding an exhuast leak is pretty straight forward. walk the car until it gets thee loudest then crawl under and look for holes or a gasket that is gone. if not check the head gasket and downpipe. especially at the firewall where it joins

· Registered
580 Posts
well finding an exhuast leak is pretty straight forward. walk the car until it gets thee loudest then crawl under and look for holes or a gasket that is gone. if not check the head gasket and downpipe. especially at the firewall where it joins
see thats the info i was looking for. Because i did the obvious and there were no leaks, and i couldnt see any missing/torn gaskets or holes or anything of the sort. i need to put it on the lift at work and look at the down pipe

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.